Custom Map #1348: teks031 AC is key 2. By: teknotiss

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1348: teks031 AC is key 2

Author: teknotiss
Size: 129x153

Desc:
lots of AC. but not a lot of energy based weapons. have fun! #ACassist #firepower #teks #unitlimits

ChaosMaster130

A pretty quick and simple map, I liked it.

Also THANK YOU for making the base area nice and symmetrical. So nice having a nice and even base :)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Helper

Good fun fight!
Action all the way through - I got caught unprepared to move several times, but will put a fix on that.
Thanks,
H

teknotiss

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on November 13, 2014, 12:14:38 AM
A pretty quick and simple map, I liked it.

Also THANK YOU for making the base area nice and symmetrical. So nice having a nice and even base :)

ah a fellow OCD base area dude! ;) i know the pain of not being able to get a pretty and neat layout! ::)
you'll find, unless a map design demands it, that most of my maps offer symmetry 8)
at least in the base areas that is
and thanks for the thanks!

Quote from: Helper on November 13, 2014, 01:37:40 PM
Good fun fight!
Action all the way through - I got caught unprepared to move several times, but will put a fix on that.
Thanks,
H

cheers dude! yes i was rather pleased with this one. about halfway through the design i suddenly feared it would be a boring pointless slog, but no, it seemed to work out ok.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

"", said the Emperor when asked about Mozart's music.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 13, 2014, 11:53:16 PM

just as many "notes" as i needed i thought. ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Stave

Quote from: teknotiss on November 14, 2014, 07:12:18 AM

I built maybe ten ore mines. You've got room for 216 on the base alone. Too many notes. :)

Fun map, regardless!

Mexxor

Quote from: Stave on November 14, 2014, 02:07:59 PM

I built maybe ten ore mines. You've got room for 216 on the base alone. Too many notes. :)

Fun map, regardless!

I built 216 on the base  ::)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

teknotiss

Quote from: Mexxor on November 14, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

Fun map, regardless!

me too ;), i guess some folks just don't get the high demand for ore type of tactics  ::)

Loren Pechtel

Beat it without guns.  I had AC more than 250 deep in much of the enemy base.

Mexxor

Quote from: teknotiss on November 14, 2014, 06:05:51 PM
Quote from: Mexxor on November 14, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

Fun map, regardless!

me too ;), i guess some folks just don't get the high demand for ore type of tactics  ::)

Its not really a high demand, it is just more fun to drown emitters than to shoot them with bertha's and stuff ::)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

teknotiss

Quote from: Mexxor on November 15, 2014, 06:41:18 AM
Its not really a high demand, it is just more fun to drown emitters than to shoot them with bertha's and stuff ::)

i like to have tons of sprayers and bombers, so i needed all that ore to keep my demand supplied at peak moments, others are more efficient than me though ::)

Mexxor

Quote from: teknotiss on November 15, 2014, 07:41:32 AM
Quote from: Mexxor on November 15, 2014, 06:41:18 AM

i like to have tons of sprayers and bombers, so i needed all that ore to keep my demand supplied at peak moments, others are more efficient than me though ::)

Efficiency is not even in the picture in a map like this ::)
The more the better though, Imma replay that and try to overflow with AC  8)
― George Carlin

Karsten75

"Commander Abraxis, We should leave before you drown in Anti-Creeper."

toolforger

Too much ore, too little ore/AC throughput. In the end I had +900/-400 AC, yet the mines weren't fully active.
Maybe I should have increased CN capacity via forge, but *shrug* it wasn't much of a challenge anyway.