Started by hbarudi, July 03, 2014, 12:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

ok, at this point I am able to do all the alpha sector except this map
the runners completely stop my network to the point where I can't do anything
screenshot to show the trouble
can anyone help on this one?

Tjgalon

Snipers, causes of a special surprise from them :) Also, I tend to nulfi the spores tower asap

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 03, 2014, 03:17:43 AM
Snipers, causes of a special surprise from them :) Also, I tend to nulfi the spores tower asap

Yep - nuke those spore towers as your first priority.

Funnily enough I created this map specifically so you could have strafers sweeping up and down the trenches, clearing the digi - and while you CAN do that, and it's enormously satisfying to watch, it's not the most effective way to nuke this map...

Edit.

And pause!

Pause, pause, pause!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Tjgalon

I only used a couple strafer when sometimes the Creeper were almost flowing over a few reactiors, but for the most part, I find they are not needed, it was just bad luck, sometimes

Nephthys

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 03, 2014, 03:17:43 AM

I managed to nullify one of the spore towers. Dumb luck I think. And yeah, I see the special surprise WHEN the snipers are not being swatted which is rare. I had 6 built, but still they were always swatted so hardly in use. I can last about 2 minutes tops. Tried to get shields up but I was too slow I guess. Plus can't keep collectors alive. I will try yet again, though.

@Cavemaniac   I've only managed 2 of your maps. lol Yet I got G.'s Waternaris, Madmags "Metroids" and a couple other toughies I can't think of at the moment. Swear! (Madmag's other one I think which nvm, wasn't that bad). Oh & the "puzzle" one that some people have trouble with, got that one. Got all the achievements from the Credits as well. So yeah, your section is tough, mate!

Tjgalon

Doing both spore towers at once is more help ful, placing the nulifier as far as part as needed, then a cn next to it, and the 3rd cn in the middle for the two totems. and then connect the three via colectors, and start to build your forge, as it a major help. Sniper close to the middle one also help, and then move em closer to the left and right and building reactors and upgradeenergy via forge.

Nephthys

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 14, 2014, 11:36:30 AM
Doing both spore towers at once is more help ful, placing the nulifier as far as part as needed, then a cn next to it, and the 3rd cn in the middle for the two totems. and then connect the three via colectors, and start to build your forge, as it a major help. Sniper close to the middle one also help, and then move em closer to the left and right and building reactors and upgradeenergy via forge.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it ANOTHER try.  :)   Was unsuccessful many times last night.  :'(

Tjgalon

Hope it helps, Trying to figure out if there more tips or not, it a bit of a tough start, but pretty easy once you get it.

Nephthys

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 14, 2014, 11:36:30 AM
Doing both spore towers at once is more helpful, placing the nullifier as far as part as needed, then a cn next to it, and the 3rd cn in the middle for the two totems. and then connect the three via collectors, and start to build your forge, as it a major help. Sniper close to the middle one also help, and then move em closer to the left and right and building reactors and upgrade energy via forge.

Thanks so much but no luck! I just end up closing ranks until I die. Or rather, fly into orbit.

So... do you mean place the nullifer as far away from the spore as possible or as close as it'll go? Then place a CN slam up against the nullifer or as far away as possible until it still links w/out a collector?

Secondly, move what exactly "closer to the left & right"? Snipers you've built from the center CN? Or move the outside CNs closer to the center?

Also, build the forge asap regardless of energy? (I did). Use shields at all? They REALLY eat energy. I'd kill for just 2 pulse cannons!!!!! lol   

Spoiler
I appreciate the sniper surprise, but you can't DO anything with it & it doesn't change the digitalis or slow down the runners. Unless I'm just not getting enough to suck up with a sprayer? Is that the idea?
[close]

I am also trying to build above & below. Mistake?

Okay, that's all. LOL! Heeeellllllp!!

Tjgalon

Ok, I started like this,
Click here
After the collecter collect and the nulfier about finish, i start building up sniper, forge and reactors.

Click Here
and yes, snipers move to the out left and right to help take out the things so they stop hitting you, but also sometimes move the CN closer to the middle if your a little unlucky
Click HEre

I may look in trouble, but i am slowly winning, lol. Forge for energy then also atack speed and distance does help.
Sometimes it seems right side fills with AC a lot better, maybe the runner there give ac and the left does not, either way, i use a sprayer to collect the over flow and can use a 2nd to help on left side

Nephthys

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 15, 2014, 03:06:39 AM
Ok, I started like this,
Click here
After the collecter collect and the nulfier about finish, i start building up sniper, forge and reactors.

Click Here
and yes, snipers move to the out left and right to help take out the things so they stop hitting you, but also sometimes move the CN closer to the middle if your a little unlucky
Click HEre

I may look in trouble, but i am slowly winning, lol. Forge for energy then also atack speed and distance does help.
Sometimes it seems right side fills with AC a lot better, maybe the runner there give ac and the left does not, either way, i use a sprayer to collect the over flow and can use a 2nd to help on left side

Thank you so very much for your time & trouble. This should help quite a bit. I'll give it another go after some sleep.

Tjgalon

Lol, that one of my method to, and when I wake up, I sometimes do a ton better, lol.

hbarudi

Ok, I finally managed to beat this map, thanks to Tjgalon's walkthrough, forge from beginning was key to my victory, I at first thought it would be better to wait, but the very early forge made a difference and a slight early retreat after nullifying the spore and phantoms.
Disabled items: ore mine, siphon, blaster, mortar, and thor
Wish if the blaster and the mortar were available for this map.

Tjgalon

mortars and or blaster would have made it super easy, and then, no challenge, lol

Nephthys

Quote from: hbarudi on July 20, 2014, 03:44:05 AM
Ok, I finally managed to beat this map, thanks to Tjgalon's walkthrough, forge from beginning was key to my victory, I at first thought it would be better to wait, but the very early forge made a difference and a slight early retreat after nullifying the spore and phantoms.
Disabled items: ore mine, siphon, blaster, mortar, and thor
Wish if the blaster and the mortar were available for this map.

Congrats! I still haven't been able to beat this map! i am overcome by runners stunning everything. I'll try again, but I'm not too hopeful. lol

So wait, you were able to nullify the spore AND a runner's nest? Not sure what you mean by "spore and phantoms".

EDIT: Hmm... Berthas & Strafers & Guppies oh my