Custom Map #564: Exostopia Map#2 : A new type of emitter. By: Exostum

Started by AutoPost, May 14, 2014, 04:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #564: Exostopia Map#2 : A new type of emitter

Author: Exostum
Size: 50x50

Desc:
Encounters a new type of emitters and beat it with .... Beams ???? #CRPL #NoSpores #Forge #NoTechLimits #CustomEnnemy

Grayzzur

An interesting concept, but in a map that's way too easy. There should be some pressure from the creeper to keep you from being able to immediately build a beam in range of that emitter. On a map this small, limiting to one command node might have slowed down initial progress a little. I like the idea of this enemy, but it should be in a much harder to get to location or there's no real challenge.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

exostum

I started the map with stronger parameters for the emitter but I tuned them down as it was getting to 2000 too quick.

Limiting the cn down to 1 might be indeed a good idea.

My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

Giant_Gamer

I liked this map, it was sweet and to the point.

As for challenge level, why not make it grow stronger with every beam, until the set level of creeper, and it dies because of overloading? This would allow the player to tackle it, but if they don't start to up the defense, the beams in range could be at risk, allowing for more of a fight and making this foe almost the same from encounter to encounter. Since the foe would not be target-able from nulifiers, the risk of having one low-medium emitter would not be there.

I do have a quick little question, when I was looking into making custom entities I had trouble displaying more than one line of data. I tried to just copy the example and then fill in the info relevant to the entity (in this case a "Terrain Rail Walker" (from the sample page).

I could only display one height value and on;y on one line...

Spoiler
$MIN_TERRAIN_HEIGHT:1
$MAX_TERRAIN_HEIGHT:3
$SPEED:1

"Max_Hieght:" <-MAX_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat
"Min_Hieght:" <-MIN_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat SetPopuptext

once
[close]
only the min shows up

Any help in this matter would be helpful to me.

ZackNAttack

Quote from: Giant_Gamer on May 16, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

As for challenge level, why not make it grow stronger with every beam, until the set level of creeper, and it dies because of overloading? This would allow the player to tackle it, but if they don't start to up the defense, the beams in range could be at risk, allowing for more of a fight and making this foe almost the same from encounter to encounter. Since the foe would not be target-able from nulifiers, the risk of having one low-medium emitter would not be there.

I do have a quick little question, when I was looking into making custom entities I had trouble displaying more than one line of data. I tried to just copy the example and then fill in the info relevant to the entity (in this case a "Terrain Rail Walker" (from the sample page).

Spoiler

once
[close]
only the min shows up

Use
Code

"Max_Hieght:" <-MAX_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat "
" concat
"Min_Hieght:" concat <-MIN_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat SetPopuptext
once
[close]
The problem was that it reads it as "Max_Hieght:(whatever the max height is)" "Min_Hieght:(whatever the min height is)" SetPopuptext, but now it's
"Max_Hieght:(whatever the max height is)
Min_Hieght:(whatever the min height is)" SetPopuptext
Zack on cw3

exostum

Here comes a workaround for what you want (i modified my own CRPL but not tested it)

Spoiler

$info_display:1

@unit_info

:ligne
"
" ->ligne_string
<-ligne_string

:terrain_min_height_info
"Min Height : " ->info_string
concat(<-info_string <-MIN_TERRAIN_HEIGHT) ->function_value
<-function_value

:terrain_max_height_info
"Max Height : " ->info_string
concat(<-info_string <-MAX_TERRAIN_HEIGHT) ->function_value
<-function_value

:unit_info
if(<-info_display)
"Informations : " ->unit_info
concat(<-unit_info @ligne) ->unit_info
concat(<-unit_info @terrain_min_height_info) ->unit_info
concat(<-unit_info @ligne) ->unit_info
concat(<-unit_info @terrain_max_height_info) ->unit_info
SetPopupText(<-unit_info)
endif

[close]
Here comes a example map

EDIT : the time that i posted this message ZackNattack posted another reply. That is interesting to see that we both use different means to achieve the same results
My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

chwooly

Quote from: ZackNAttack on May 16, 2014, 06:35:33 PM
Quote from: Giant_Gamer on May 16, 2014, 05:50:04 PM

Spoiler

once
[close]
only the min shows up

Use
Code

"Max_Hieght:" <-MAX_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat "
" concat
"Min_Hieght:" concat <-MIN_TERRAIN_HEIGHT concat SetPopuptext
once
[close]
The problem was that it reads it as "Max_Hieght:(whatever the max height is)" "Min_Hieght:(whatever the min height is)" SetPopuptext, but now it's
"Max_Hieght:(whatever the max height is)
Min_Hieght:(whatever the min height is)" SetPopuptext

Is the misspelling of height intentional?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein