Custom Map #49: Nihon

Started by AutoPost, December 26, 2013, 08:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #49: Nihon

Author: ThirdParty

Desc:
It may be a bit of a puzzle how to start this map, with the enemy controlling the only high ground. #CRPL: Natural disasters will occur as you nullify enemy towers. #TechLimits: #NoTerps #NoSpores #NoDigitalis #RealWorld #Earth #Asia #Japan #3P

Cavemaniac

Ummm.

Is that Japan, rotated 110 degrees anticlockwise with the sea levels a bit lower than we're used to?!

You SAID you used the real world to inspire you!

Oh wait - just noticed the name of it...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Helper

Hai!
Nihon=Nippon=Land of the Rising Sun

orangina

i cant quite get a stronghold here. but very nice theme

balancetraveller

This is a good map that didn't get the attention it deserves. Terrain is realistic (it's actually Japan), no terps so you'll have to work around some terrain constraints really hard, and the best thing of all is that the author put in some impressive efforts to make sure it's not an easy straight line to win once you've built up enough reactors and so on, which I've always felt as one of the greatest weakness of the game in terms of gameplay. All in all this is a map with some decency and you should try it too ;D

hbarudi

Wow on the difficulty for this map, only start in low areas and no terp to keep the map. The creeper has the higher areas forcing us to use the lower areas that I can't survive long enough to build a basic defense.