Started by Miksu, November 21, 2013, 04:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miksu

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x4GB 1600MHz
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 Pro
GPU: Asus 780GTX DC2 OC
Storages: 119GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series ATA Device (SSD) & 1863GB Seagate ST2000DL004 HD204UI ATA Device (SATA)

CW3 Version 1.11 even 1.10.

I provided my specs and crash logs.

Edit: Apparently I was too hasty, running as adminstrator and compatible mode XP SP3 worked. ;o

Miksu

Well, it worked, for while. CW3 crashes on launch every other time.

KERNELBASE.dll caused a Breakpoint (0x80000003)
 in module KERNELBASE.dll at 0023:762b3219.

I didn't mind the crashing, but now I would like to report that it does not work as intended and it might or might not be a bug. It can be something on my computer too, but who knows.

Reports on zip below, there is probably 20 reports on that zip..

Edit: I did my own research and it seems to have something to do with Antivirus programs and unity no playing fair together. (Eset NOD32 on my case). So in the end, it was Unity's fault, not the actual game. I might try later without ESET NOD32 and see, if it crashes.

Grayzzur

In my experience, most cases of antivirus and something else having issues are the fault of the antivirus program (unless that something else truly is a virus or trojan, which is not the case with Unity).

You may want to report the issue to your antivirus company, and see if they have a workaround or settings to alleviate the issue.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker