This topic is for discussion of map: Wizy's Campaign 5

Author: Wizy

Desc:
Fifth map in the series.

New techs: SAM, Reactor

HiredGun

Another [expletive deleted - G.] map.

Wizy

Do you only post comments to say something negative or disrespectful?
Could you be more precise as to why it is a [expletive deleted - G.]map?
If it is due to the spores, you can read SAM in the description, thus skip it if you don't like them.

joshuad156

This map was frustrating.  I usually like Hard maps, but honestly, I'm stumped.  It took me several restarts just to survive the first wave of spores.  But I simply couldn't muster the energy needed to keep the creeper back AND defend against the constant onslaught of spores.  This feels more like an Experts Only difficulty, not Hard.  It seems like once I lose the low ground right above the SAM tech, it's only a matter of time that I fail, and I can't figure out how to keep that low ground.

Wizy

I apologize, I'm usually not very accurate when labeling the difficulty of the maps. Now that I have replayed it, I noticed it is harder than I thought at first.

Here are some tips:
Spoiler
Start going for both techs, don't bother building weapons yet. There is a sweet spot for a relay so you don't have to build on the low ground.

Once you get the SAM tech, build some SAMs on the high ground, give up on the lvl 2 and 3 grounds for now.

By the time the spores start attacking, if you have 3-4 SAMs ready you are safe.

With some reactors, you can start regaining ground. A single mortar will do wonders.

The rest should be easy, just remember to have SAMs at the front line at all times.

Please, report missing images.
[close]

The intro text also gives some tips:
QuoteAs long as we are on the highest ground, we will be safe, except for one thing...
Spores! Hordes of them are coming from the south, the only way we can fight them is using the SAM technology.

We have another problem, the space on high ground is limited, collectors might not be enough to produce all the energy we need. With the reactor technology we will be able to produce plenty.

Our top priority is to get both techs as quickly as possible.

joshuad156

Wow, I feel silly now.  For some reason, I assumed (i know, bad to assume, right?) that the relay wouldn't make that gap.  With this knowledge, I replayed this map and it's not as hard as I initially thought.  Well played.  :-)

Dad

No! Not another bleep-bleep map at all.

Towers done many times before but not like this.

No - another bleep-bleep, brilliant map !

fridge

If someone want to know what I think: great map. You have to think twice before decision. Thanks a lot for the effort to create that one !