Custom Map: Wizy's Campaign 1

Started by AutoPost, August 25, 2012, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Wizy's Campaign 1

Author: Wizy

Desc:
The first in a series of maps.

The remains of an old network along with some survivors. Rescue them and obtain their technology.

New tech: Collector

pfffrt

Wizy

If one hint didn't help you, open the next and so forth.
hints
Not all structures are needed, some can be destroyed to make space.
Spoiler

Please, report missing image(s)
Spoiler
Weapons can connect with collector and relays, even when they are moving.
Spoiler
Make a bridge to the tech using the 3 blasters.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Again, not all structures are necessary.

If after seeing these you are still stuck, ask about something concrete.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Wheatmidge

I don't get how you can get the collector upgrade before the creeper kills the survivor. I must be missing something.

Wizy

Quote from: Wheatmidge on September 13, 2012, 12:37:41 AM
I don't get how you can get the collector upgrade before the creeper kills the survivor. I must be missing something.
Spoiler
The emitters are a bit stronger at the start, If you kill the accumulated creeper, you have about 3 minutes (if I remember correctly) until the creeper can reach the pod. OC has to make a few trips.

Maps 1 and 2 are not very well done. If I had to remake them now I would make something completely different, maintaining the difficulty but in a different way.
Try the third one, it is more enjoyable.
[close]

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Wizy on September 17, 2012, 02:23:43 PM
Quote from: Wheatmidge on September 13, 2012, 12:37:41 AM
Spoiler
The emitters are a bit stronger at the start, If you kill the accumulated creeper, you have about 3 minutes (if I remember correctly) until the creeper can reach the pod. OC has to make a few trips.

Maps 1 and 2 are not very well done. If I had to remake them now I would make something completely different, maintaining the difficulty but in a different way.
Try the third one, it is more enjoyable.
[close]

Thanks, I guess I should have thought of using the blasters normally.

Dad

The start of a long campaign - well 1 to 8 anyhow.  ;D

A most original series - each map very different from the other and extremely enjoyable.