Custom Map #340: Fish in a Barrel II

Started by AutoPost, October 18, 2011, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #340: Fish in a Barrel II

Author: Eudrick

Desc:
C-Bombs?!? We don't need no stinking C-Bombs! Phantoms are your friend. You just have to figure out how to get them where you want them. BTW dig in for the long haul.

Kjempff

Tough and tactical and its a long game but never gets tedious.
Awesome+

DethbyIT

That was fun!
I should have been much more aggressive up top and waited way too long to engage the Nexus, but that's OK. When I play it again, it should go much more quickly.

Thanks,
dbit

bweenie

Not wanting to spoil how to play this level, but I have to say that I don't understand the game mechanic of how/why my dark beams occasionally hurt the nexus, and when they didn't, when I surrounded the nexus with beams.

Kithros

Quote from: bweenie on October 26, 2011, 03:53:14 AM
Not wanting to spoil how to play this level, but I have to say that I don't understand the game mechanic of how/why my dark beams occasionally hurt the nexus, and when they didn't, when I surrounded the nexus with beams.

When the nexus still has any creeper under it, dark beams can't damage it (that's directly under it, not around it - the dark beams can't hit the creeper directly under it) - if the nexus has a significant amount of anti-creeper in the space around it along with the dark beams killing all the creeper that spreads out from under it, there may be some time where the nexus has no creeper under it where it takes damage - I believe the nexus has a 1B intensity every 2 seconds though. The best solution is typically to use conversion bombs on the nexus while you have dark beams targetting it.

pocketdare

Can you defeat a nexus without Conversion bombs? ...  Can you paint your house with a toothbrush?  ... The answer to both questions is yes, but unless you're in the mood for a long, tedious exercise, I don't strongly recommend either.