Invisible unbuilt friendly struc? Or perhaps a command to place friendly struc?

Started by Dark Ambition, April 11, 2017, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Ambition

Friendly struc always leaves a marker for where the struc is when it gets built, and i'm not aware if there is a way to make it invisible as a default setting for a map, which leaves a huge spoiler and kills the surprise. A good way around that I guess would be placing a PRPL script that places the struc at set coordinates after a set amount of time has passed, but I don't see a place struc command in the PRPL reference. Maybe i'm just blind, but does this command exist?

Dark Ambition

Ok, I used this:
50 50 1 1 1 setstruc

and it has placed one built regular enemy struc at the coords 50 50. So this command does exist and works. I just need to know what the other three numbers do, because I have no idea. At least i've stumbled across this though!

Sorrontis

I'm assuming 50 50 is the coordinates

first 1 is the type of struc (regular vs armour)

second 2 is the built not built param

third is the enemy or friendly...

you'll have to test, but that's what I see it being (not that specific order though)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Dark Ambition

The first number is if the struc is friendly or not. 0 for friendly, 1 for enemy
The second number is if the struc is normal or armored. 1 for normal, 2 for armored. 0 seems to break it.
The third number is if the struc is built or not. 0 for unbuilt, 1 for built.

For what I put in "50 50" that is the coordinates that the struc will be placed at. currentcoords also works.

GoodMorning

Ah. Your issue is that this command went in as a request after we did the doc src.

So it's not on the wiki yet. It is in the TODO list as a DONE.

Yes, SetStruc can be your friend. Be warned of the potential to produce "alloy Struc" by setting both kinds to be built at once.

Edit: A few new wiki pages and redlinks are up.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.