UpperKEES

Many good suggestions lately! Added.

We'll be playing tournaments for a loooooong time! :D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kamron3 on October 20, 2010, 02:06:24 PM
Don't forget about Nov.

Haven't seen you post about it, but maybe you've noticed the tournament table at page 1 currently ends at Oct 31.... ;)

I will organize it when you've posted about the prizes and theme (which you can determine as it's your prize money). You just have to be very sure you can and will be paying without any strings attached, because we don't want to get angry, disappointed or complaining players here.

Kamron3

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kamron3 on October 20, 2010, 02:16:32 PM
... Don't make me organize it, please... :(

No worries, I won't.

I just want you to post the announcement about your idea of a full month tournament with 20 maps, the prizes that you will be donating and the theme that you like to pick (unless you rather leave that up to the person winning the tournament ending at Oct. 31). I can't and won't take responsibility for promises by others; I hope you understand. :)

Katra

I've been looking up dates for using 'USS Enterprise' as a theme. Mostly commissioning dates for the various ships of that name. (Haven't looked at any of the maps - I currently have 7 dates; giving a reserve in case one of the maps has been played a lot.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

UpperKEES

Added as well. Not very strange that Science Fiction appeals to many CW players! :)

UpperKEES

Let's keep it nice and clean here and respect decisions made by the moderation team. You've probably seen the rule has been posted by Virgil and it's his game & site we're using.

RandyTravis

So... what about riots?

April 29th, 1992 - rodney
April 12th, 1981 - brixton
october 13th, 2008 - sebian
?, 1921 - race riots

etc.

also, i really wish i could spend more time on tournaments. as is, i pretty much give cw half my attention while studying and then usually end up with a mediocre time. oh well... college > cw, unfortunately.

ctuna

The Enterprise comment makes me wonder about the birth dates of the original crew; Kirk, Spock, Ohura, McCoy and (Scotty, Checkov, Sulu - who gets the last berth)? Of course I mean the actors, unless someone can find some serious trivia.

UpperKEES

Quote from: RandyTravis on October 25, 2010, 12:56:07 PM
So... what about riots?

Added.

Quote from: ctuna on October 25, 2010, 01:45:13 PM
birth dates of the original crew; [...] Of course I mean the actors, unless someone can find some serious trivia.

The actors theme (or a subcategory) can be used, unless birthdays of the characters are found.

After winning the World Records for Running Events tournament (see here), Siccles has picked next weeks theme: really tall buildings.

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 06, 2010, 04:58:19 PM
* Forum time or CTS (Central Standard Time, which is GMT/UTC minus 6 hours) is used to record your scores. When you hoover your mouse pointer over a score in the leaderboard for a certain map you'll see the time this score has been submitted. Midnight sharp (0:00:00) is the deadline every Sunday evening, no exceptions!

I just tried posting a score and found a difference of only 6 hours again with Dutch time (where I would expect 7), so I probably didn't take daylight saving time into account. Daylight saving time ends here at Oct 31, while the US switches to normal time at the first Sunday of November, so you may want to pay attention to this when posting scores.

SPIFFEN

Hours should'nt matter to much when the score got posted ,
if you ask me , easy to get confused =P
Might even be someone who gets an new date 24 hours before others ,
so time zones might make it hard for those who set the forum for their timezone =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Well, it's even more complicated, because the time stamps of the scores are probably set by a different server than the one the forum runs on. The best way to determine it for yourself is to post a score and check the time stamp by hoovering your mouse pointer over it, so you'll know the amount of hours the server time differs from your local time.

I have to use 1 time to make it fair for everyone participating. The only person affected by this rule is myself up to now (although I wouldn't have lost or gained a spot), so let's keep it like this. If I only use a date (which I actually do), when would this date end?

SPIFFEN

The rule are set as normal forum time by you , so keep that .
I just wanna say that some could be confused if they changed the forum time =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links