dont understand digitalis?

Started by chris1huk, October 06, 2013, 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris1huk

i understand the basic idea of it.. but what i dont get is:
what makes the creeper retreat from the digitalis?  I know u can shoot it, but at some point the creeper just retreats from it all,(and it flashes red?)
also how do you make anticreeper take advantage of it?

cooltv27

anti-creeper and creeper use digitalis the same way, and it turns red when its damaged, the creeper doesnt retreat but just gets destroyed when the digi was shot
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

J

With turning red I think he means that when the digi is no longer connected to a source, it will wither away. Cutting the digi off from all emitters is a very easy way of clearing a lot of digi fast.

chris1huk

ahh i see, so the lines only turn blue when emitters are connected, that makes sense, thanks

TonyP2000

Quote from: J on October 06, 2013, 05:13:28 PM
With turning red I think he means that when the digi is no longer connected to a source, it will wither away. Cutting the digi off from all emitters is a very easy way of clearing a lot of digi fast.

Red means it is damaged (from PCs and berthas and such), if it is faded and transparent, it is disconnected from an emitter and will begin to wither away. Red digi can heal and repair itself, faded is dieing.
Vote Tony!

Someone

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Someone

how?? can you post the screenshot?i scare that maybe i got bug

Michionlion

If AC flows onto Digitalis, it gets the same 'perks' as Creeper.  This means that it flows over elevations easier, spreads faster, and all.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

cooltv27

AC and C use digi in the exact same way, only AC slows its growth. you really only notice it with creeper though because its far more abundant
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)

Someone

Can we put ac to digi without the c near by???

cooltv27

sprayers will shoot at digi also, if im sure of what your asking

TonyP2000

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 10:40:00 PM
Can we put ac to digi without the c near by???

What will happen is the sprayer will shot the digi, the AC will be held by the digi and will slow its growth down. This makes it easier to push back with pulse cannons.
Vote Tony!

Clean0nion

Here's a tip to help you understand.

When it's blue, that is digi.
When it's white, that is where digi is able to grow to. Just completely ignore the white.
When it's red, that's where digi (blue) has been damaged.

AC flows over digi easily. This means it flows over blue, not white. It slows down the spread of the blue.

JF-T

I imagine you could make it so then AC could flow over Digitalis without the need of an antiemitter using CRPL. Personally I haven't a clue how to do that, having no knowledge of scripting languages yet.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps