Custom Map #1773: World Destruction

Started by AutoPost, December 12, 2012, 01:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1773: World Destruction

Author: Bongo

Desc:
* The Earth is overrun with Creeper. * Save the survivors at the North Pole. ** HINTS ** * You will have to repair the subterranean Anti-Creeper defense systems before you can take on the land Creeper. * Sending Packets North that will never arrive can really waste your energy quickly. Don't bother until you have at least a few thousand crystals. * Shields can really help direct Anti-Creeper, but they can also push Creeper off the land and make a giant mess. Be warned.

Bongo

The player "Long Boring Map" in the high scores is actually me. I guess that's instant karma for me using that name for someone else's map and then forgetting to change it back for my own map. :'(

(In my defense that other map had an AVERAGE time of 65 minutes, and I watched THREE terrible Christmas/Disaster SyFy movies while playing it. :P)

Bongo

Strategy:

I see some 40 minute times which is WAY TOO LONG and boring (how ironic). Those times are basically 10 minutes to clear out the bottom, and 30 minutes to wait for the Anti-Creeper to kill all the Creeper, while doing nothing.

I usually fill the whole area around the ship with Makers set to 'charge', put one Maker in the Anti-Creeper collection zone set to 'Vacuum', and when they are all charged up move them all to the right side of the world map and dump all the Anti-Creeper at once.

Of course you have to also kill at least half the Emitters to get the Anti-Creeper to flow. ;)

-Good Luck!

Shetland James

Just played it, currently occupy 10th place but I don't play for speed, just for fun.

My advice: Get packet delivery speed up to 5 ASAP then place a Microrift above the map and click the laser. You eventually will get though without having to tackle the map.

a

Hi Bongo...

This map can be completed in approximately 1.5 minutes. But you need to spend many hours on the attempt. I did not have the patience.

Triple Kings

Can you send me the map file? I want to make a map that is based off of yours. I swear on my life I will give credit to you. I loved the map, and I was hoping you could make it a series.

teknotiss

Quote from: Triple Kings on July 14, 2015, 05:58:21 PM
Can you send me the map file? I want to make a map that is based off of yours. I swear on my life I will give credit to you. I loved the map, and I was hoping you could make it a series.

hey dude, you already have the map file! assuming you played it of course!
so if you want to make a reworking or maps inspired by any other mapper you don't need permission, but if you give credit for ideas people respect that!
you can find the CW2 maps in a path something like
"C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld2\customgames"
and look for the map id number... in this case you are looking for "1773"
you can just use the editor to open it and then save as a new name and you are off and editing!
hope that helps and ask for more assistance if you need it!
this is one of my favs, interested to see how you rework it!
8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

a

Русский.
Как это выполнить быстро...

Spoiler
Сделать только 3 улучшения скорости, чтобы скорость движения мира и энергии были примерно одинаковые (можно тут по-разному попробовать).
Успеваем с правой стороны поставить щиты (3 штуки).
Снизу лазера ставим microrift как можно ближе к цели.
Создаем 3 makers. Позже создаем их еще много, мы их будем постоянно терять.
Makers посылаем копать Панамский Канал и Наветренный Пролив.
Теперь нужно поймать момент. Это можно делать очень долго.
Когда над новым microrift проходит Тасмания включаем запрос к лазеру. Путь наметится вертикальный. А фактически пойдет под 45 градусов в подвижной системе координат.
Через Панамский канал, мимо (скорее сквозь) Кубу-Гаити, мимо Гренландии.
Выключаем запросы. Ждем следующую Тасманию.
Продолжить легко.
[close]

English
How is it done very quickly ...
Spoiler
Make only 3 speed improvements to the speed of movement of the world, and energy were approximately the same (there can be different ways to try).
We have time to put on the right side shields (3 pieces).
Bottom laser set a new microrift as close as possible to the target.
Created 3 makers. Later, they create many more, we will constantly lose them.
Makers send digging the Panama Canal and the Windward Passage.
Now you need to catch the moment. This can be done for a long time.
When on a new microrift passes Tasmania include a request to the laser. It is making a vertical path. And actually goes under 45 degrees in the moving coordinate system.
Through the Panama Canal, past (or rather through) Cuba-Hispaniola, near Greenland.
Turn off requests. We are waiting for the next Tasmania.
Continue easily.
[close]