Monitor behaviour

Started by Th3ch053n0n3, September 28, 2016, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3ch053n0n3

I don't know about you, but I'd call this a showstopper. I have three monitors, and the game came up just fine on my central monitor. But when I went into the in-game options mid-mission 2 and fullscreened it, it was offset from my 1920x1080 resolution monitor by about 2 inches, and I lost all inputs except my mouse. Because I couldn't see the menu bar anymore, I had to alt-F4 the game.

Karsten75

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on September 28, 2016, 01:35:03 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd call this a showstopper. I have three monitors, and the game came up just fine on my central monitor. But when I went into the in-game options mid-mission 2 and fullscreened it, it was offset from my 1920x1080 resolution monitor by about 2 inches, and I lost all inputs except my mouse. Because I couldn't see the menu bar anymore, I had to alt-F4 the game.
This is a knows Unity3D limitation. Best advice is to play windowed and window size to the size of the monitor you want minus a few pixels on either side.

Th3ch053n0n3

Ah, and on relaunch it fullscreens and responds fine...... weird. Ah well.

MizInIA

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2016, 01:36:26 PM
Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on September 28, 2016, 01:35:03 PM
This is a knows Unity3D limitation. Best advice is to play windowed and window size to the size of the monitor you want minus a few pixels on either side.

I had the same unity issue with CW3. if you full screen on your primary it may be fine but any other monitor it will flake. best just to run windowed and make it nearly full screen.

knucracker

There's also a monitor lock option in the graphics settings.  Might or might not make a full screen difference if you want it bound to a given monitor.

knucracker

Yeah, right now "restart" means to go back to whatever the last load was.
I'll probably change it to mean a true restart (At least when that is possible).