Screenshots and Videos

Started by knucracker, September 10, 2016, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie275

Hey guys, thought I should probably say hi here :)
I'm currently doing some videos of Particle Fleet, which you may have seen tweeted by @knucracker on twitter:
Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKEhJk4SJa5zVl0W-noRSFXIjrCSH1BDm
First episode -

I realise a lot of you are probably much better at the game than me, so hopefully it's not too cringey. If there's any particular thing you want me to do in videos (like non-story missions or whatever) just let me know!

Ready to make alot of maps before the release version lol.

Nicant

This is how you win a map on particle fleet...

The Star Destroyer ship at the top is not made by me, i just copied most of the parts on the star destroyer V has made. :P
CW4 hype!!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Nicant on September 17, 2016, 02:53:31 PM
This is how you win a map on particle fleet...

And THAT, right there, is why Virgil created the 'E' key - so you can shift the whole darn lot of them in perfect unison.

Imagine having to move them all manually!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

planetfall

For anyone interested, I'll drop my particle fleet playlist here. No guarantees of if/when it'll be updated, though...
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

newcreeper

Second video about how I create a customer ship and proceeded to fail and die trying to build that ship in a simulacrum mission.....

Qwerty Quazo

How powerful can a wolf get? The ship turned from blue to white... Possibly the hardest emitter in pf can be crushed by a couple of wolves. I set them not to die. Extraordinary. Still possible.

I cut off the video early, sry about that.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

mthw2vc

The HQ does a lot of heavy lifting- it leads to some interesting dynamics here and elsewhere. (I'll probably upload a cleaner version later.)

ShadeOfRed

Well, I'm back as I no longer feel like death warmed over.  3 new videos up from maps on the Exchange and the last video is undergoing YouTube Processing as I type this.  Hope you enjoy!

Here is the Playlist again!

FishintehPond

Is it bad that I'm watching these videos of you guys doing story missions before I have a chance to buy the game?

newcreeper

Well the good thing is that you will definately run the mission different than everyone else but you get an idea of the mission.  I can watch all the gameplay in the world but things won't sink in untill i'm playing it myself.

Devil505

Sorrontis

What does everyone use for video capture? I used Bandicam once, and now it doesn't work with PF anymore.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Qwerty Quazo

I use a windows 10 built-in recorder. While in game, press win+g and the gamebar opens, there are settings and stuff. It is really good.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

ShadeOfRed

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 22, 2016, 01:08:58 PM
What does everyone use for video capture? I used Bandicam once, and now it doesn't work with PF anymore.

I use OBS, set it to game capture not window capture.  Works great and is free.

For some things though I need to use DXTORY.  It works best on games that use a lot of processing power and more importantly RAM...they designed it to somehow scrape the information off that is going to the monitor and it uses very little processing power or RAM.  It's a bit harder to set up though and does split your video and audio up into separate pieces.  This isn't a problem really, but it sometimes means you need different rendering software depending on what you use.

I use...wierdly enough, Wondershare Video Editor most of the time for when I use OBS.  It's stable and works well...

However if I have to use DXTORY I have to dust off my old Vegas Pro 13 skills and pull it out.  Vegas Pro is terribly unreliable, and is as likely to crash half way through rendering as finish...so...

ShadeOfRed

Okay everyone...Two more videos up for you to watch.

There are tons of good maps on there...and in the second video I made a map, or at least started to make it...it isn't finished yet as I am still learning the tips and tricks and such.

Again the Playlist is here!

Enjoy...that map I'm making, I'm still working on.  I'll probably get it so I am happy and then let you know when it is done...it really isn't anything special.