Main Menu

Bombs

Started by lich98, June 21, 2011, 09:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

After finishing all the story levels and bonus missions i felt as if maby you had a bomb not a conversion bomb, that could go into deep creeper and then be destrored but destroy alot of the creeper too. There 1. Fist have a wepon that is just a bomb, build it, and then send it into enemy territory
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ranakastrasz

The conversion bomb basically does that, and more, except that it does the damage by converting the creeper to anti-creeper, which, if the creeper was very dense, would react with it, and result in twice the creeper in the AOE being destroyed.

TTophat

Yes, but conversion bombs are experimentals, and not available in most maps.  The bomb idea is neat, but not really needed. Launcher's tend to be effective in that method anyway.

Ebon Heart

the problem is, there would be several small, dense pits of creeper that you could just wall off and blow up. Imagine how much easier cubic would have been with something like this... too easy.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

lich98

yes Thoughs would become easier but couldn't you counteract that by mking them expenissve in energy.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Sqaz

Just... everybody... Think back at the suggestions of CW1.

All sorts of new weaponry was being suggested, the majority would cost a lot or use a lot of energy like here.

Well... Did Virgil ever add a new weapon?

No

Well... Do you think he would suddenly change his mind, and throw a year of balancing in the trash can?

No

(Wow what a déjà vu :P)

CobraKill

Quote from: Sqaz on June 23, 2011, 05:32:55 PM
Just... everybody... Think back at the suggestions of CW1.

All sorts of new weaponry was being suggested, the majority would cost a lot or use a lot of energy like here.

Well... Did Virgil ever add a new weapon?

No

Well... Do you think he would suddenly change his mind, and throw a year of balancing in the trash can?

No

(Wow what a déjà vu :P)

Yes, yes it is. And Here's the thing. Even thought C-bomb are experimentals, I'm sure in the map editor you'll be able to just have that and not have DB and DM
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

All the Experimental weapons are available in the map editor.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

CobraKill

Quote from: Grauniad on June 23, 2011, 05:44:40 PM
All the Experimental weapons are available in the map editor.

Sorry I wasn't very clear and I'm not in beta so I won't know. I meant that you could only have a C-bomb and no dark beams and dark mirrors. Not all of it has to be selected simalar to CW1 Map Editor.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: lich98 on June 23, 2011, 02:35:00 PM
yes Thoughs would become easier but couldn't you counteract that by mking them expenissve in energy.

You could counteract that even better by leaving the game alone. CW2 is fine the way it is, it needs no new weapons.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 23, 2011, 07:36:26 PM
You could counteract that even better by leaving the game alone. CW2 is fine the way it is, it needs no new weapons.

No need to come down on his excitement. So it may be a bad idea. Who cares. Let him suggest away.

Kamron3

The game is getting new weapons whether you like it or not, Ebon. :)

Hunter22222

A few more weapons in the editor would be cool if there isn't.

scoin

i agree someone with you ebon but something that should have been done was allow missiles to go through the dark beams beam to attack the creeper but as im sure everyone has noticed it doesnt do that even tho the blasters laser goes right on through it

Ebon Heart

Blaster beams aren't entirely tangible... And packets are too small to be affected. But launcher missiles are big enough to be destroyed.