Suggestion for Building Multiple buildings

Started by ZelgadisNailo, June 06, 2011, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZelgadisNailo

Hello I have a suggestion for when trying to build multiple buildings/weapons. Instead of having to click each time, being able to click and drag along the screen much like choosing a line of land to be destroyed. When there is a spot available to build as your dragging the mouse along, a building would be setup there.

This would be useful when trying to build lines of reactors or building a multitude of weapons.

If more clarification is needed please let me know :D

Krell

Welcome to the forums. I agree that such a feature would probably come in handy.

thepenguin

Quote from: Krell on June 06, 2011, 01:32:54 PM
Welcome to the forums. I agree that such a feature would probably come in handy.

don't we all?
We have become the creeper...

ZelgadisNailo

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm glad to see that people agree with me :D

Jeff

I think that is great idea
Quote from: ZelgadisNailo on June 06, 2011, 01:29:45 PM
Hello I have a suggestion for when trying to build multiple buildings/weapons. Instead of having to click each time, being able to click and drag along the screen much like choosing a line of land to be destroyed. When there is a spot available to build as your dragging the mouse along, a building would be setup there.

This would be useful when trying to build lines of reactors or building a multitude of weapons.

If more clarification is needed please let me know :D

TonyP2000

I remember a couple of moments when I dragged my mouse trying to build a line of reactors only for nothing to happen   :( . This feature would be nice.
Vote Tony!

Michionlion

i know it would be nice... but i don't think it would work.  also it would encourage overbuilding (not a bad thing, but some people like to be good too) which might not be too good.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ranakastrasz

Encourage overbuilding? Well, That's wonderful, How much easier to the people who use it responsibly to get a high score, while the rest of the Idiots Players Do not.

Ytaker

Quote from: Michionlion on June 13, 2011, 05:46:39 PM
i know it would be nice... but i don't think it would work.  also it would encourage overbuilding (not a bad thing, but some people like to be good too) which might not be too good.

You have to build strings of reactors and blasters anyway. Anything beyond 3 energy you're generally gonna be building at least two reactors at once.