Installation - WTF?

Started by Thorgold, December 26, 2009, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorgold

Okay, I just bought Creeper World, and as soon as I started downloading I ran into some problems. My internet cut out (curse you, Comcast!) mid-download, and I had to restart my computer. I resumed the download (Firefox) successfully.

When I followed the instructions to install it (Control Panel -> Add Programs -> Select Creeper), it didn't show up. So, I did a file search on Creeper and found two files - one which was a source file, another which my computer couldn't recognize. The source file, when I looked at it, performed an "illegal instruction" and closed.

What the heck? Did the internet outage screw the file, or did I screw the installation? In any case, is there a way I can get back to the original purchase screen to re-download it (when I try and use my History to return, it doesn't work).

Aurzel

probably you would need to start the download fresh, if you dont know where to go you can send virgil your details and he'll probably supply you with the link again

Thorgold

Thanks. Your "start fresh" gave me the idea of checking the Purchase Validation email that was sent, it had the links to the download.

I shall be downloading and playing it (hopefully) soon :D

Update: Firefox has icons for the file types of downloads. I've confirmed the interrupted download was the problem - the tainted file was (what's the word?) an unrecognized file (a white window), and the good, new file has the Creeper logo. Yay!

Installation is underway, so I guess it's all good.

Update pt. 2: Installed and story mode underway. Dang, watching youtube of other strategies, I TURTLE :P

Aurzel

nothing wrong with turtling, except the lack of high score :P