Custom Map #6690: teks039 pyramid power 6. By: teknotiss

Started by AutoPost, October 20, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6690: teks039 pyramid power 6

Author: teknotiss
Size: 189x189

Desc:
back by popular (well one person anyway) demand! more pyramids to power! get it done dudes!

hbarudi

Completed this map, I thought it would be another one where I could rely on pyramids alone, but the creeper came quickly and plenty of phantoms.
But at the end I got over 2000 energy production which makes this map interesting when it comes to getting those steam achievements, even though I got them a while back.

teknotiss

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

Hey dude, thanks for making another pyramid map!

I got to doing Yum's CSM maps and pretty much didn't look at any other maps until I got done with those. Happened to see your maps and remembered always liking them, so I'm going through & enjoying them now.

Maybe this is weird of me, but I've never liked nor used shields, except when there's a unique need. I don't notice it much on the pyramids except when I'm first hooking up to a pyramid that's covered in creeper. The shields push the creeper in all directions, which was overrunning the PZ collector's location. Didn't happen more than once, but if the pyramids lost their shields I wouldn't complain.  ;)

Always appreciate your maps, m8! Thanks for taking the time to put these together... and I'm liking your CSM maps as well!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

teknotiss

cheers man, thanks for the thanks!

on the shields on the pyramids, i don't script i just pinch other peoples scripts!

Virgil made the pyramids that way, and while i am sure someone could remove the shield i am not that dude  ;) :D

i think the shield effect mught be able to be turned down to zero, and i have a pyramid map in the works so i will play with that option!

cheers again dude!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

"I pinch other people's scripts" - love it. It's like you're a 1920's gangster of CW3. No wonder your maps are so cool!  ;)

I wonder what'd happen if ya mixed up a pyramid / spore map with CSM?  :o

Thanks for taking the time to make these maps! I hope it's half as fun to make 'em as it is to break 'em!  ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 16, 2019, 11:03:53 PM
"I pinch other people's scripts" - love it. It's like you're a 1920's gangster of CW3. No wonder your maps are so cool!  ;)

I wonder what'd happen if ya mixed up a pyramid / spore map with CSM?  :o

Thanks for taking the time to make these maps! I hope it's half as fun to make 'em as it is to break 'em!  ;D

lol that got a laugh from me and my better half! ;)

it's usually fun to make them, but sometimes frustration can be a issue when i miss obvious things that make it too easy, in general the maps i enjoy making the most seem to get the best ratings!   8)

Johnny Haywire

D0m0nik

Realised I missed this one so went back and played it in anticipation of your next 6  ;D ;) :P

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 08, 2022, 10:44:13 AM
Realised I missed this one so went back and played it in anticipation of your next 6  ;D ;) :P

ahh cool, i liked this one, i don't usually blow my own trumpet too much but this was a pretty fun map i think...  8)

still grinding away... got 3 of 6 ready... more or less!  :o ;D

stdout

I replayed this one a few times today for old times sake. Very cool map. Looking forward to your new ones!

teknotiss

Quote from: stdout on April 08, 2022, 08:06:35 PM
I replayed this one a few times today for old times sake. Very cool map. Looking forward to your new ones!

thank you too, very kind of you to say so!  8)

D0m0nik

We are cheering you over the line with those next maps!  ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 09, 2022, 07:01:07 AM
We are cheering you over the line with those next maps!  ;D

right... message received lol!  ;D 8)

rennervate

Quote from: stdout on April 08, 2022, 08:06:35 PM

that was one of my favorites maps 2 - liked it very much
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX