Need help getting creeperworld onto other home computers

Started by TheBuilder, January 28, 2010, 03:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuilder

I went into the program data files and copied the entire KnuckleCracker folder to a flash drive, this folder has 3 folders in it marked Creeper World DEMO, Creeper World, and CreeperMap.

I go into the creeperworld folder and double click on the application, it shows me this eventually:

You must install the full game and run it at least once before installing a patch.  Once you have done this, then install the patch.  You can install the full game over this version, run it, enter your license key, then reinstall this patch.

I did the smae thing with the demo and i could play the demo, so the second computer has all the nessacary programs, what i need to know is where to find the full game instead of a patched version.

someone help me plz.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

TheBuilder

thats the thing, i read that thread already and it doesnt say which file is the full game without a patch, i need to know where to find just that.

They said, "Life."

knucracker

You need to install the game on your other machines, start it once, then you can patch it.  After that you can copy the creeperworld folder (with your progress, maps, etc) to the new machine.

TheBuilder

thats the thing when i go to install it, it tells me that i have to install the full game first, so im kinda stuck

They said, "Life."

knucracker

It should only tell you this if you run it.  If you already have it installed and try to install it again it will give you the option to just run what is already installed.  I'm guessing this is what you are doing.  You can uninstall it, install the original version, run it once (don't skip this step), then patch it.  Note that uninstalling the game doesn't delete any of your maps, scores, progress, etc.