Leaderboard Scores

Started by kmarnes, January 24, 2010, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmarnes

???

First of all, great game, very addictive and thoroughly enjoying it! I purchased the game and installed it on two of my computers. On my main machine, it seems none of my scores ever registered... I was using a special character and attempted registering a number of games as "Kris Mårnes" and none of them registered (I have the latest version).

On the other machine, was able to register on leaderboards multiple times without issue using a regular name. So I tried changing the name on the main computer to something without special character and it still doesn't register scores (even after checking due to delay). I just wonder if I have to start over or something because I've got mixed scores now? I've checked individual and total scores with total failure to place even though my scores are high enough.

Maybe you can better explain how the leaderboards work with submitting different player names on the same machine and how I can fix this?

Karsten75

knucracker

Yeah, my server side php doesn't like characters like "å"....  It throws them out since they mess with some checksums I have in place.  I should really make it so the game doesn't let you enter non-ascii characters, or try to figure out what is up with the php functions that handle these strings.

As for score posting.  If you have the latest version, the game only posts your scores for the current mission you play (to the new tables).  The game will also post scores (every score in all of your maps) to the old score tables.  Note that both old and new tables only overwrite scores when they are greater.

I kept the old tables around as well as posting to them so that people could continue on those tables if they prefer.  The new tables are more selective, though, so that was to address peoples concerns about cheating and such.