Custom Map not deletable

Started by Daos, March 29, 2010, 06:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daos

Hi,

I was testing the map http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=1234&scores=1 but now I can not remove this map from the Custom Game menu. Any suggestions how I can get rid of that map?

Thanks for your help.

Echo51

Click the red x next to the map's name ingame?? lol :D
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Blaze

Quote from: Echo51 on March 29, 2010, 07:29:46 PM
Click the red x next to the map's name ingame?? lol :D

He means so it's not available to the public anymore. And try asking Virgil to delete it. like what I did here.

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=964.0

Daos

::) This thread is about "click the red x next to the map's name ingame?? lol" and confirming the deleting will not work ... Deleting it from my pc is easy, but I do not want to see it in the ingame list anymore.

PS: And I am Daos, not Gorgon  ;)

Blaze

Ohhh sorry didn't read your post right.

Daos

Soooooo, my problem is still there  ::)

As you can see, the map sanatorium is in the list, but I can not remove it. I press x and yes for deleting but it will not work. :/

Karsten75

Did you ever say what OS you are running?

If you are running Windows, open Windows Explorer.

In the address bar, type

%appdata%/CreeperWorld

Look for the folder

customgames

and delete it.

UpperKEES

I assume you mean delete the map, not the folder? ;)

It might not be so easy to find the map when you used the import function of CW. This assigns a new unique name to every map, which is rather unreadable.

I also think a map stays in the list when you remove a file manually. I see this when I play CW on the laptop of my girlfriend (who doesn't have all the maps I downloaded). I use my own gamedata.dat file and when I open the custom map screen, I see scores for maps she doesn't have. I like that, otherwise all my scores would get lost after playing one time on her machine with the same gamedata file.

So I guess the only solution is to copy the file back manually and then delete from the menu. If you imported the file before and removed it manually (by for instance deleting all maps with a weird looking name of by deleting the whole 'custom maps' folder), there is no solution: the file is not on your drive, but the score will stay in your gamedata file.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Daos

Ah, forgot to post. Yeah, it worked. The ingame list is clean now. But I still wonder, if this special map will glue to the list again, if i import it again ... but if I am the only one experiencing it, than it is fine ^^

EDIT: Did not look, which folder was opend after instering the adress mentioned above. But I would expect, that it opened a special cache-like folder, that you won't find in the folder-tree of the game.

EDIT2: Yeah, it is windows userspecific cache-folder appdata