Bonus Mission 9 Cubic

Started by cvtfwlbt, February 09, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvtfwlbt

Hei, quite a while since I last posted, or played CW1/2 at all: I've been playing the games again lately to see if I could improve some times, and indeed I could. But I noticed one thing that puzzled me: I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything about it. I can't possibly be the only one experiencing this?

CW2 Bonus Mission 9: Cubic. I quite obviously enter the room below me and take out the emitter before it goes off, and it goes off at the 2 minutes mark. Plenty of time to do the job with ease and just breeze through the room. So but I checked the two videos I could find on Youtube about the level... and in both these videos, the said emitter goes off after 1 minute! How is that possible!? Either this is perfectly normal, else somebody should have pointed this out way before, but I cannot find any trace. I just relaunched the mission, and no, the emitter doesn't go off after 1 minute. On the other hand, the bars in the room to the right correctly appear after 4 minutes. My copy of the game is nicely original, and the version is 0497. To be honest, I don't remember much in detail, but I have lowered my best time from 16' to 9' -a sign that, before, I just HAD to have had some trouble with that emitter.

I obvioulsy don't feel comfortable posting this in a forum that's not seen any activity in 5 months with a -probably- dumb question about something that I'm clearly not seeing... but I can't figure this out.

PS: I swear I don't have the faintest idea how to use any editor features, both in CW1 or 2. I simply cannot have edited the map and forgotten about it!  ???  ???  ???

knucracker

Well,  I just don't remember.  But, my guess is that the game initially released with the emitter going off at 60 sec and then I changed it to 120 sec in an update to make it easier.  That's the likely explanation.

cvtfwlbt

Thank you! It just has to be this way... it still somewhat puzzles me: if I try, I do have a faint recollection of the emitter going off earlier. But that surely just cannot be, not with me nonfiddling with anything, I guess.

That was that: thank you so much! Got me CW3 this moment, BTW. See you all soon!  ;D