noob issue with day 5

Started by ubdu, September 30, 2013, 07:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubdu

I played a lot of CW1, and loved it.

Just started CW2 Redemption and it's really different. I'm on Day 5 but I feel like I'm missing a crucial piece of strategy, because I can't figure out WTF to do with that creeper above me.

I looked for strats, but there doesn't seem to be anything to cover a map that early. :(

MizInIA

I remember day 5 taking me a few times to get started.
just try different strategies to see what works. or read the spoiler. :)
Spoiler
[close]

JonneeG

You might be missing this one piece of strategy
Spoiler
Prioritizing threats. (more info in the spoiler
Spoiler
You always have to ask yourself, how long do I have until i have to deal with this?  If the terrain is solid and theere are no leaks (like the bottom chamber), put that on low priority because you have infinite time.  If the terrain is decayable/ not there, that is high priority because you only have 0-2mins to deal with it
[close]
[close]

If not, here's a guide to mission 5 that improves upon the video
Spoiler
first of all ignore the bottom chamber completely until you've dealt with the top.  Next, while building the first beacon, excavate the gems. now you can build as many reactors as you want, as well as about 7 blasters right off the bat.  Simultaneously, build some shields to block the decayable terrain to buy yourself time if/ when you need it. when you've nullified the  top emitter, then you can move all of your blasters (and makers) to the bottom chamber  
[close]
as said above , it takes a while to get used to the different strategies. just keep trying.

Grauniad

Did you know that on the black starting screen you can press "P" to pause the game so you have time to think before you start? That may help you figure out a good strategy.

I just has a quick look at that map and here's what I suggest.

1. Look for the most accessible gem, and dig it out.  At the same time build a beacon as far to the top as you can. Set the two Ore Makers to "Charge" and fly them up to the top.

2. When you have the first gem, dig out the other gems. Start building two blasters near the top. If the beacon does not reach the decayable terrain, build another one. Seal the decayable terrain off.

Build two more blasters and start building reactors and a few research domes. Take care not to exceed your energy supply.

When the terrain breaks open, use the blasters to fire at the creeper. Fly the makers into the cavity and set them to Burst all their charged-up ore out. Also be aggressive with advancing your Blasters two at a time.

When you can, nullify that emitter, set the blasters to Charge again and fly your weapons to the next point of engagement.

Good luck.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon