Argh! {noob}

Started by Nephthys, September 17, 2013, 01:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

Is there a thread where we can just go & vent our frustrations? I don't know about others, but it would make me fell better! :)   Just keep it clean, ya know?

Like:  I swear a level moves faster against you after you've re-started a few times. Is it my imagination? (yes).  Does anyone else feel this way? Yeah, I mean the infamous Level 19.

I finally deleted all my saves & just started over; more than once when things went south very quickly. I swear the game was more aggressive every time I re-started.

You can tell me I'm delusional. I can handle it.  

EDIT: I tried to delete this & got a msg that I could not delete my own msgs on this board.  (why then, is the option up there?) If a mod comes along, please delete this & accept my apologies. Thx, Nephthys

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Nephthys on September 17, 2013, 01:37:21 AM

You can tell me I'm delusional. I can handle it.  

You are delusional - but we love you anyway.

It takes a special mindset to rid the world of the blue goo.

{Twitch, twitch}

;)
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Nephthys

TY Appreciate the love. lol

Cavemaniac

With reference to your original post:

No, I'm pretty sure the game(s) don't get harder on purpose - but one very important thing to remember is that there is no such thing as truly random in CW - any of the Creeper Worlds.

Virgil made darn sure that every player would get the exact same experience out of a game - after all it'd be no fun if one player had a hard time clearing a level, and another player had an easy run, just because the gods of random chance decided one way or the other.

No, all events are, what's the word I want? Deterministic? Your actions in the game lead directly to consequences.

A bit like Chess. No dice.

Another big suggestion - pause.

Pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause.

Play with your finger hovering over the 'p' key.

The game goes a lot slower once you've paused it - you can issue all of your units orders, go make a coffee, come back - and you still haven't lost any ground!

Un-pause and watch the fun. Your minions will scurry to obey you.

You're not necessarily playing an RTS (real-time-strategy game).

I love turn based strategy so I play CW like it's turn based. Pause, issue commands, un-pause, watch the animations of my units moving and fighting, pause and repeat.

Very glad you're saving often.

Keep doing that!

I've played some intriguing maps that have required dozens of restarts.

Try my favorite CW2 map: The Hotel by FOR

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewmaps.php?embedded=false&gameVer=&mapid=270

Tell me how many restarts this takes you!

Keep plugging dude!

Grauniad

Quote from: Nephthys on September 17, 2013, 01:37:21 AM
EDIT: I tried to delete this & got a msg that I could not delete my own msgs on this board.  (why then, is the option up there?) If a mod comes along, please delete this & accept my apologies. Thx, Nephthys

Problem is, I can't delete your top post without deleting Caveman's response. :) So I'll just leave your post, since it's perfectly fine to express frustration and ask for help. I would help, but unfortunately I played the Story missions on a previous computer, so I don't have them unlocked on this computer.

All I can advice is to look at Youtube for some walkthroughs. For instance, I found this one:
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TrickyDragon

If You get too frustrated ill dictate a walkthrough for You,  just to give You some pointers on how to beat level 19.
This is Life,  Life happens.

Nephthys

OMG!  I did it! I made it through 19! Can I get a High-Five?

Thank you all for your kind support & suggestions. It took me 39+ mins, but I made it. Yayrah!

Now I'm terrified of Day 20. lol  I think I'll take a break.

Thanks again. Ya'll are awesome!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Nephthys on September 17, 2013, 07:58:35 PM
OMG!  I did it! I made it through 19! Can I get a High-Five?

Thank you all for your kind support & suggestions. It took me 39+ mins, but I made it. Yayrah!

Now I'm terrified of Day 20. lol  I think I'll take a break.

Thanks again. Ya'll are awesome!

High-Five's all round!

Take a short break then go nail Day 20.

Have you been playing some of the custom maps? 

There's a couple of thousand of them now.

They should keep you busy once you finish the story missions!

Nephthys

TY! TYVM!  (Elvis voice)

I'll take the suggestions & try some custom maps. I haven't tried any of those yet. But I'm going to finish CW2 first.

Appreciate ya'll !