Noob question about Remnants

Started by Nephthys, September 11, 2013, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

I didn't find an answer in "search" so I hope I am not duplicating earlier efforts.

When I excavate a remnant & receive X amount of ore, why doesn't the ore bar turn gold to show that there actually IS ore from the remnant?

I see the X amount from the remnant in tiny numbers next to the ore bar but I don't know if I can build a maker at this point. If so, it would be much clearer if the ore bar showed me that I had the ore from the remnant.

Like I said, NOOB question! Thanks for any help!

Grauniad

The ore in a remnant is typically more than would fit in the "storage" that fills up from Miner activity. Additionally, there are procedural rules on which of the two resources get used first, so it makes internal sense to not conflate the two sources of ore. This is similar to what happens when you excavate a gem. The energy is stored separately and any energy in your energy bar is drawn down first. I do seem to recall that this is the inverse of the ore in remnants, though - that is drawn down first if memory serves. But my recollection is from before we implemented vacuum mode, so I may be wrong.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I guess I thought the bar would fill with whatever amount it could, then show the 'balance' remaining to the right in those tiny ( :) ) numbers. In any case, I now know I can use the maker as long as I have EITHER ore that has been mined or ore from a remnant.

By any chance are you aware of a tutorial on what ALL the bars & their numbers mean?

Grauniad

There isn't one. Best option is to ask here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys