Noob question about dark beam

Started by TheUnknownCreeper, August 13, 2013, 08:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUnknownCreeper

Ok so I have a question about the dark beam. What does it do exactly? Is it suppose to be like an improved version of the repulser?

Grauniad

It just absolutely slices through any density of Creeper. With prolonged use it can destroy gateways and emitters and it deals substantial damage to drones. It is also the only waepon that can destroy a Nexus (in conjunction with Conversion bombs to remove the Creeper under the Nexus)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TheUnknownCreeper

Ohhhhh so thats what it does. I never used it because i never figured out what it did. Thanks for the reply now i can go back and redo the levels that have the dark beam and get better scores.

Grauniad

You could never have completed the final level without the Dark Beam.

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 13, 2013, 08:25:05 PM

maybe he's not a story player?
We have become the creeper...

Grauniad

Quote from: thepenguin on August 14, 2013, 09:50:58 AM
Quote from: Grauniad on August 13, 2013, 08:25:05 PM

maybe he's not a story player?

*Sigh* Rephrasing.

You could never have completed any map that had a Nexus on it.

ea3401

Acquisition maps can be completed without killing the nexus.  :P

TheUnknownCreeper

I never have been able to do the 20th mission always get wiped out within 3mins of nexus appearing lol and i do play the story mode.

Michionlion

Quote from: TheUnknownCreeper on August 15, 2013, 12:39:28 AM
I never have been able to do the 20th mission always get wiped out within 3mins of nexus appearing lol and i do play the story mode.

Looking at some topics here, and youtube videos, you may be able to find a strategy that works for you.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

TheUnknownCreeper

written step by steps never work for me but youtube does and right now im not worried about the 20th mission. right now im just redoing all other missions/bonus to get better scores.

JF-T

A little fyi about the Darl Beam is that it also takes 12 energy collection to allow it to sustain firing. that is without turning it off and on repeatedly and just leaving it. Also it destroys everything except terrain in a single second other than dark mirrors which redirect the beam and packets.

The beam 's effect is given to all dark mirrors the beam touches so redirecting hte bea, can be used anytime, so long as it doesn't link back to it or another dark beam (as it will kill it instantly).

A little advice incase you didn't know it ^_^ Good luck if you ever try the final mission again! I personally don't want to, am a bit scared of it since my last time was 2 hours. And there's so many ways to mess up
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Cavemaniac

Also, knowing that the dark beam will not hurt the liberation ship will affect the way you play some maps - like my map Uh-oh.

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewmaps.php?embedded=false&gameVer=&mapid=1061
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ronini

Quote from: JF-T on September 01, 2013, 05:55:52 PM
Also it destroys everything except terrain in a single second other than dark mirrors which redirect the beam and packets.

It also does not affect Anti-Creeper. Just so your list is complete.

Grauniad

To be pedantic, it should be noted that the Dark Beam also does not affect, nor is it affected by a disabled Dark Mirror. Other disabled devices will be destroyed when in the path of a Dark Beam.

JF-T

Huh, never thought it would leave the liberation ship unharmed, but whaddyaknow! Also thanks for letting me know of the other stuff. Honestly I've never ever had the dark beam lay down over AC before, thanks for letting me know and others ofcourse  ;D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps