Custom Map #2068: The Last of the Loki (Rain of Fire) (Updated Big Time)

Started by AutoPost, March 11, 2013, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2068: The Last of the Loki (Rain of Fire) (Updated Big Time)

Author: Angel

Desc:
Changes: -Color of creeper reset to default -Took away shields from the blocks that had them inside -Gave you most techs in beginning so you don't have to take em before the nexi blow up -Lowered strength of some emitters -Took away the capule, gateway in the spawn -Took away all the micro rifts so 'sub-levels' must be played in order -Gave crystals in the beginning -Gave 10k energy in the crystal at the bottom near the nexi for a little extra 'umph' to destroy the nexi or help protect yourself/penetrate the huge drone circle on first encounter -I took out all the text from the cubes (I think, except for 'sub-level' -Changed all fields to C only -Changed some drone spawn times -Added Custom graphics -Delayed nexi activation time Note: -You have 3 friendly emitters hidden under the top 2 reactors and the micro rift -The ore with the crystals is diggable w/o mining the ore first -The nexi DON'T emit creeper, hold fields keep the creeper in. Destroy the emitters, and the creeper won't get spit out anymore

Angel

Before anyone comments about it, or realizes the 10k energy crystal in the bottom isn't there. See the holocube 2 blocks from the DB tech? That was SUPPOSED to be the crystal, but i forgot to move it, change it and all, and then it got blown up...so yah......sorry  :P
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

WiseSage

Angel, your maps stupefy me on and on. I see you love "mini-worlds" you create, so I don't want to say they worth negative words. But... how many units one should usually build to destroy one layer of your map? Second one on this map, to instantiate.

Angel

Depends on the map, emitter strength, drone strength, creeper density, etc, but here, this may help.

-High creeper density/powerful emitter, no drones- mostly launchers, 5-8 blasters
-High creeper density/powerful emitter, drones- mostly launchers with blasters set to 'drones only' 5-7 regular blasters
-Medium-low creeper density/weak(er) emitter, drones- mostly blasters with 1-4 launchers
-No creeper/very weak emitter, drones, all blasters, no launchers (unless drones have high payloads)

And yes, i do very much like 'mini worlds' or 'mini maps' within my maps. Sections, if you will.

And most of the time, my emitters (super strong or super weak) have a max density of 2 billion, so, for instance, the 'sub level 2' has emitters that do that. so for 'sub level 2' build 3 layers of shields, blasters surrounding it, and as many launchers as you can afford.
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D