Hey, thats a nice game youve got over there..

Started by Argotron, August 06, 2009, 10:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argotron

Hey, I saw your game on RockPaperShotgun, grabbed the demo and.. well crap. I played through the demo twice, and at that point realized that I'd be coming back to the demo again tomorrow more than likely as well, so I might as well buy the game. Sofar, Ive been enjoying it quite a bit, love the concept. Story reminds me of a number of weird scifi books Ive got laying around.

A random thought that does occur with this game though is what sort of likelyhood there is of seeing a level creator of any sort being released? Would be neat to see what sort of challenges people could create.

Anyways, congrats on making a good game. I hope it does well :)

knucracker

Thanks for the great praise.  It was a lot of work to bring Creeper World to life and yes.... there are numerous scifi story elements mashed all into the game.  I've always been a big scifi follower, and it shows in Creeper World.  Watch the credits carefully for a short list of some of my favorites that provided inspiration for some of the themes in CW.

If the game is a success I will consider putting the work into releasing an editor.  There are some pretty wild map concepts that people could come up with I'm sure.

Virgil 

Quasar

The thing that struck me during the demo was the similarity to the red weed from War Of The Worlds...

One thing I definitely love is the music. I've actually got one of the tracks (the calm, keyboardy one) stuck in my head at the moment, it's quite pleasant.

knucracker

You are one of the few people to get the similarity to the red weed in WOTW.  If you look at the credits and look at the screenshots of the early prototypes of the game you'll see that the Creeper was red originally.  I changed it to blue, though, since that seemed to work better against the backgrounds and was also easier on the eyes when you stare at it for hours straight.