Bug: Snipers becoming "nearsighted"

Started by planetfall, June 01, 2014, 05:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I had to do some stuff for kongregate today (image, new build that supports 'total score', etc) so I didn't get a chance to do a beta build with this fix.  But I'll get to it tomorrow....

knucracker

I've uploaded a beta build with this fix to steam.  To use it, right click on the game within steam and select "Properties".  Then Click the "Betas" tab.  Choose "Prerelease" in the combo box.  Then close.  If your game doesn't switch to prerelease, then exit steam (completely) and restart it.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

planetfall

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

planetfall

Wait, hold on, I have the problem again. (cw3ss_110)

Also, there is a sniper on lv6 terrain shooting a runner on the other side of a lv7 ridge (cw3ss_109). Perhaps because there is an ignoreLOS drone nearby, but it's clearly the runner that is damaged.

knucracker

As a sanity check, confirm that you have version 2.05 shown on the main menu.  Then try the mission you posted here to see if you notice a difference
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16341.msg118841#msg118841

That was the mission I tested with and I see a difference in behavior over 20 minutes of game time.  I'll try it again to see.

If you have another mission with an issue (the one with these screenshots) send that to me with a save that I can let run and observe the problem.  You can email it to me if you don't want to post it here (support@knucklecracker.com)

I'll look at the line of sight thing while I want on you to check these things...

planetfall

Confirmed that this is 2.05. The test mission works as expected, and the mission in the above post (which is CS #310, btw) still has the bug.

knucracker

Lets try this.  Here are new builds (206) for windows.  I'll leave out OSX and linux for now to save time.
https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-206.exe
https://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-206-64bit.exe

This build definitely fixes an issue with LOS calculations.  The other problem you reported with a sniper shooting a runner when it didn't have LOS... that should be fixed.
I have also made another small fix I get when I load your 310-0 save.  There was an issue with cleaning up cores upon destruction.  Now, I have no reason to believe this has anything to do with the problem we are looking at, but it might.  It is a problem for sure, just not sure what effects it might have.  Anyway, this build fixes that problem.

So lets try this build and see if it is better for you.  When I run your 310-0 save I don't see any issues but I may not be looking at the right units.

planetfall

knucracker

Bah ha ha ... Sorry...  My luck is just comically bad recently.  Nothing to do with you, but my guesses as to how to save time have all just basically backfired recently :)

Karsten75

That's really funny - for spectators...:)

planetfall

Nope...

edit: Just had a look through the scripts and realized that this uses the old version of the shield script. I changed it slightly a couple of maps later, since I thought that was the source of the bug. I didn't change it by very much, but in this version the shields are calling CONST_DESTROYONDAMAGE 0 SetUnitAttribute on runners. Not sure if that might cause any problems, but I'll test it again with this line removed.

knucracker

Are the things riding the backs of the runners set to be sniper targetable?