How early (or late) do you build your Forge?

Started by RockyRaccoon, October 11, 2013, 08:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrRas

I build the forge quite late in the game. I always get the creeper in "check" before building it. Then i upgrade Energy or ore, and then i build more cannons/sprayers to get to the emitters.

Jackeea

I usually build it when I've at least got a totem, and a PZ. Yeah, I know it's a waste, but it pretty much doubles the aether rate (I think), and it usually uses up a PZ that'd be wasted on a reactor in the end game. Getting about 3 more energy isn't really a lot when you've got 250+. :P

Harkler

Quote from: Jackeea on November 08, 2013, 10:01:12 PM
I usually build it when I've at least got a totem, and a PZ. Yeah, I know it's a waste, but it pretty much doubles the aether rate (I think), and it usually uses up a PZ that'd be wasted on a reactor in the end game. Getting about 3 more energy isn't really a lot when you've got 250+. :P
The forge has no PZ advantage. It will gain the same amount of aether where ever you put it. Use it for berthas instead, as they gain a 6x efficiency boost.

Jackeea

Quote from: Harkler on November 08, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
Quote from: Jackeea on November 08, 2013, 10:01:12 PM
The forge has no PZ advantage. It will gain the same amount of aether where ever you put it. Use it for berthas instead, as they gain a 6x efficiency boost.
It doesn't? I thought that the aether got to the forge faster, or more was made, or something. And berthas, yeah, they do get a pretty good efficiency boost, but to be honest, I rarely use them, they just don't seem like a lot of use to me. ._.

teknotiss

Quote from: Jackeea on November 09, 2013, 12:19:30 PM
It doesn't? I thought that the aether got to the forge faster, or more was made, or something. And berthas, yeah, they do get a pretty good efficiency boost, but to be honest, I rarely use them, they just don't seem like a lot of use to me. ._.

Whaaaat  ??? Bethas are awesome, and massively useful even without a PZ, great for keeping density down and aiding an advance. with the PZ they are devastating, and make even really hard maps easily doable, if you can power them. i love berthas! :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus