Bug: cannot claim victory

Started by kai, October 06, 2013, 09:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai

it occurs when I play Egos:Choix.
after I destroy the emitter and get the shield key, a message box come up as usual. But then I pressed the space bar accidentally... After that, I press Menu->Leave World but the orbit is still yellow.

Karsten75

Quote from: kai on October 06, 2013, 09:57:43 AM
after I destroy the emitter and get the shield key, a message box come up as usual. But then I pressed the space bar accidentally... After that, I press Menu->Leave World but the orbit is still yellow.

Seems you did not complete it. Go back in, choose to start from the auto save and see if there is anything else left to do.

kai

I sure that's nothing left...
I even tried to kill all the creeper on the map...

Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2t9eiffe3ba0ng/bug1.PNG

Karsten75

Attach your save file to this thread and I"ll have a look.

kai

Karsten75

no, in it is a folder structure that you can drill down to eventually find the sector you were playing and in that will be a file named:
  choicx-auto.cw3

here is my folder structure:

teknotiss

Quote from: kai on October 06, 2013, 10:07:44 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on October 06, 2013, 10:03:16 AM
Attach your save file to this thread and I"ll have a look.
thanks.
Are you talking about the "data" folder? here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgoztkuw79hitlr/bug%201%20save%20data.zip

you'll need the particular system folder for that map.
so from your data folder it was "\data\sectors\internal\1\story_3" and the choix saves are what your after.

oh karsten beat me to it. well, same info different presentation  :D
just so you know for in future.
btw i'll have a go at replicating this error too
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

well i replicated it ::) you have completed the mission as far as i can see.
so space can kill the victory condition it seems. one for V i guess.

i'd advise playing it again and not pressing space when claiming victory.
i'm off to try to break another map in the same way.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

lets be clear, when you selected "leave world" did you get the mission results page? the one with the scores?
because i get no score screen for your "choix" save/s.
i do get to sub a score for tempus when i pressed space when completing, and then exited via the menu.
i'll replay choix and see if i can replicate it again

kai

Quote from: teknotiss on October 06, 2013, 10:49:25 AM
lets be clear, when you selected "leave world" did you get the mission results page? the one with the scores?
because i get no score screen for your "choix" save/s.
i do get to sub a score for tempus when i pressed space when completing, and then exited via the menu.
i'll replay choix and see if i can replicate it again

I didn't get the mission results page.

It's too bother to have this bug... I use the space bar very often so it's a huge chance to hit the space while claim victory :'(

teknotiss

Quote from: kai on October 06, 2013, 11:08:57 AM

It's too bother to have this bug... I use the space bar very often so it's a huge chance to hit the space while claim victory :'(

i am unable to replicate this error from a fresh restart, V needs to look at this anyway. it's a bit odd. the output log seems incomplete but i don't see an obvious error (you like something saying "ERROR!"  ::))

my advise is don't use space for now, you can change the hotkeys in the "keys" tab in the menu, if you need to, but for now i'd just use the mouse to click for victory.
looks like you'll need to restart that mission and see if you can complete it this time. i don't know if it can be fixed so you can play on. sorry

Grauniad

I did not see you save file attached to this thread.

I tried to replicate the issue you report and here is my findings.

I nullified the emitter.
then connected a collector to the shield key.
it went into orbit and the message came up. I also heard the sound for victory.
I pressed space bar and the message about the shield acquisition went away
then I saw the message for victory and I pressed space again to dismiss that message.

(Incidentally, space is a well-used key in this game for canceling/dismissing dialogues  and has been since CW1.)

I remained on the map, when I clicked on Menu, leave, the completion screen came up.

I do recall in the past when pressing space that it may dismiss both dialogues , but even in that instance, it was possible to complete the mission by clicking Menu and Leave to get the score screen.

The victory condition is not dependent on the  score screen, though, it is dependent on the conditions specified at map creation that will lead to the pop-up and victory sound.

As a result I'm unclear what you experience and my best/only suggestion may be to replay.

If you feel the space bar is incorrectly applied, edit your keys in settings and remove Space as an alternate key binding for Cancel. See if that helps you.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

kai

Quote from: Grauniad on October 06, 2013, 11:36:31 AM

I did not see you save file attached to this thread.

I tried to replicate the issue you report and here is my findings.

I nullified the emitter.
then connected a collector to the shield key.
it went into orbit and the message came up. I also heard the sound for victory.
I pressed space bar and the message about the shield acquisition went away
then I saw the message for victory and I pressed space again to dismiss that message.

(Incidentally, space is a well-used key in this game for canceling/dismissing dialogues  and has been since CW1.)

I remained on the map, when I clicked on Menu, leave, the completion screen came up.

I do recall in the past when pressing space that it may dismiss both dialogues , but even in that instance, it was possible to complete the mission by clicking Menu and Leave to get the score screen.

The victory condition is not dependent on the  score screen, though, it is dependent on the conditions specified at map creation that will lead to the pop-up and victory sound.

As a result I'm unclear what you experience and my best/only suggestion may be to replay.

If you feel the space bar is incorrectly applied, edit your keys in settings and remove Space as an alternate key binding for Cancel. See if that helps you.

my save data is in #4

knucracker

I have one other report of this problem from yesterday.  It seems related to a left over, but invisible, crpl core.  This prevents victory conditions.  I'm not sure it has anything at all to do with the use of the spacebar... but that's an interesting angle so I will investigate.  So just hang tight and I'll figure it out.  In the mean time, the only way through the mission is to restart.  But, once you get experienced, you can blast through this mission pretty quickly.

In your first run where you did not get the victory conditions, did you save and load the mission several times (or even just once)?

The Creep Destroyer

I've had the same issue.

I played the map, saved, came back later and loaded up the map again, grabed the key and then destroyed the emitter.
No victory and I had to restart the map.
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.