Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2955: Next Step 3

Author: Binz

Desc:
A third installment in the series.

Wardemer

hi

I've destroyed the gate that spawned drones, cleared the purple labarynth but i don't understand what to do in the room below.
i Can't reach the end since i can't move the ship at the room abeve it.

Ty for the help

Wardemer

found how. also got the warp tech with it

Wardemer

don't know if it is mean to do but at the entrance of the black path room if you place a repulsor either aiming top or bot, you can erase the dot of anticreeper. works on other places too

ea3401

Binz

For those in need of a hint, here is a playthrough.

Spoiler

[close]

Binz

Quote from: ea3401 on October 20, 2018, 09:22:18 AM
Great map!  :)

Thanks my friend, now I'm just waiting for you to beat my clear time!  ;)

ea3401

I couldn't beat your time so far, but got a higher score.  :P

You must have forgotten to collect something.

Binz

Quote from: ea3401 on October 21, 2018, 04:43:28 PM
I couldn't beat your time so far, but got a higher score.  :P

You must have forgotten to collect something.

"Forgotten" is not the right word.
Let's just say that if it gets blown away by an exploding nexus, you can't collect it anymore...

Bongo

I like your maps but this last one irritated me a little bit. You spent so much time making this very intricate map but then you resorted to "cheap Angel tricks" like having obscuring colors for the Creeper / Anticreeper (and background) and not having a field viewer. There is a fine line between making a difficult map and a map you you have to reload 100 times, until you just open it in the editor so you can see what is happening.

Still a very good map.

(BTW My estimate of the perfect time would bet 19:30 but I'm too wore out from reloading to go make it.)

Binz

Thanks for that feedback. Though I find your comment somewhat remarkable.
The specific things you mention have been traits of my previous maps also.

Bongo

I didn't mean to be grouchy. I think it's because this map is more like a tree with many possibilities. One must play every branch and compare times to get an elegant score. In the previous maps there was only one next step so there wasn't so much need to replay each fork dozens of times.

Quoteinb4 only one next step

There are at least three I can remember:
Spoiler

I could kill the Anti-Creeper dot in the maze with the Repulser. (that fork didn't actually save time, Vacuuming the Anti-Creeper dot under the Micro Rift was faster.)
I could control enemy Dig Packets with Shields and Anti-Creeper (helpful at the end).
There are several ways to get the Conversion bombs and the Reactor Tech. I used a Shield and a perfectly timed detonation using "n" key.
[close]

It was still a very well made map.

Binz

No worries, I get what you mean now.
Several paths were not my intention, actually.

Only after uploading, I discovered that multiple strategies were possible.
I had simply overlooked some things. When building a map, one tends to go blind and no longer see what others see.

Number 4 is on the way!

a

Tell me the math in this game, please. I have been playing for many years and only now I came across this nuance. I always thought that creeper is given a 32-bit signed number. When the number 2 ^ 31 is exceeded, it becomes negative, i.e. ours. And vice versa. I wanted to exceed 2 ^ 31 at this point, but I got a negative number literally.

GoodMorning

It is a 32-bit *signed* integer - 31 bits of integer, 1 bit of sign.

AC is represented as a Creeper level less than 0.

I'm not sure what you're asking, given that you seem to know that already. What do you mean by "a negative number literally"?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.