Ore Generator

Started by mrsnipey, June 11, 2011, 09:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsnipey

I would like an ore generator for those maps where there isn't any ore.
I imagine it would take lots of power to produce ore but it would add an extra
dimension to those maps that are ore starved.

Sqaz

Quote from: mrsnipey on June 11, 2011, 09:51:12 AM
I would like an ore generator for those maps where there isn't any ore.
I imagine it would take lots of power to produce ore but it would add an extra
dimension to those maps that are ore starved.

If there isn't any ore on a map, it's there for a reason.
If the map maker would want you to have ore he would've given it, if he wanted that it'd take lots of power to get it he would've made the ore rigs hard to get.

And if you'd have to pay a lot for ore noone would use makers, as in many situations makers are, even with all ore available, less useful than your other weapons.

creeper killer

makers are a pretty useful asset for your assualt, it makes advancing SO much easier, and I hate maps with no ore.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

peter

Quote from: creeper killer on June 11, 2011, 07:27:28 PM
makers are a pretty useful asset for your assualt, it makes advancing SO much easier, and I hate maps with no ore.

The easy option is not always the best, neither is it always the most fun.

Plus, if there was something that could make ore, do you really think it would be easy to get at the start of the map, or that it would produce ore fast enough to be of any use at the start of a map?

There are rumoured to be some new items in the next update to the game, so there may be one in that, but I am not sure it would really add to the game.

Kithros

When it comes down to it, if they wanted to have buildings like this then they may as well just make makers use energy instead of ore. If a map doesn't have ore, then that probably means that you're not supposed to use makers on that map (with some possible exceptions once custom maps come out due to vacuuming) - and it would also give no reason to try to conserve ore  to make sure it lasts the entire level.

Jeff

maybe the ore generator uses 2 times the energy of the ore mine?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Jeff on June 11, 2011, 08:18:05 PM
maybe the ore generator uses 2 times the energy of the ore mine?
The ore rigs use nearly no energy right now... and they're right. If a map doesn't have ore, it doesn't have ore for a reason.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!