Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2013, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2464: Pandora Box

Author: Naute

Desc:
Watch your steps in those box

Kingo

I believe "Pandora's box" might have been what you meant?

darkniko

i believe that u already understood its meaning and i believe everyone will understand it as well ..

Naute

Thank you for playing my map.

Yeah. Thank you @Kingo for your correction. My bad. Pandora's box. Be prepared before you open it.

@darkniko : Thank you for playing. Have any suggestion for my next boxes? I like to hear any feedback to improvise my maps. ;)

fitz

My feedback; I enjoyed this map, I have never seen one like it before and that is real praise after 2464 maps including those by the masters of the puzzle (ea3401 and yumyum). It was intimidating, the creeper levels seemed very high and it needed some thought as to a strategy for starting and playing.

One small criticism -  Once you had found the game play required it was rather monotonous although I did clear it one box at a time and I suspect you could have done two or more at a time.

Please make more maps dude

Fitz

teknotiss

Quote from: fitz on September 09, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
Fitz

give yourself to the darkside.... dude! ;)

as for the map, it was pretty good, a frantic start to be sure i had those drones under control and then a bash it an see approach to clearing the boxes, i ended up rotating in a horde of makers on charge to burst fill the squares to about double the reading in a cell of the creeper. that gave me enough time for a ton of launchers to do the job.
def do it faster if i tried again, but for a single run i'm happy with my time.
good map, but too many boxes to get the "great map" label from me!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Neoshade

I agree. Interesting, with some neat tricks, but a complete slog. Takes two hours to go through it all!
One thing I didn't notice until the very end was the creeper portal in the far-right row. That would have gotten me started a lot faster.

Naute

Woow... Thank you for playing. It is designed to make the "always charge" type of player to think about "clever" way to win.

Hint :

Spoiler
There is some kind of warp zone in this map. It will help you shave off two hours of hard labor into just 30 minutes.
Open this spoiler if you really curious.
Spoiler
Seriously curious??
Spoiler
Okay then. Just shave off the upper part of creeper under the status. It will help you save a lot of time.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Naute

Quote from: fitz on September 09, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
My feedback; I enjoyed this map, I have never seen one like it before and that is real praise after 2464 maps including those by the masters of the puzzle (ea3401 and yumyum). It was intimidating, the creeper levels seemed very high and it needed some thought as to a strategy for starting and playing.

One small criticism -  Once you had found the game play required it was rather monotonous although I did clear it one box at a time and I suspect you could have done two or more at a time.

Fitz

Thank you. I'm thinking about pandora's box ver.2.

More random level of creeper, more drones, less AC. But i think i'll continue to my alphabet series first. Try it and comment it. I'll welcome all suggestion.

Please continue to review and give me good bullying building critics.  ;D

PumpkinDog

Am I missing something?

Is there no better way to clear each box than to put AC producers in there and wait until AC == C?

Folacin

Here's one other way:

Spoiler
charge down the left hand side and take out the bottom emitters one by one, while building a few blasters.

Then kill the gateway. Build a lot of launchers, put a shield in the first bottom level box, open the space below the shield and let the missles warp in. Once you get the first box done, you can build more launchers. Watch your energy, but it just turns into a slog.

I put some generators in the boxes also, but didn't need them.
[close]

Naute

Quote from: PumpkinDog on September 10, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
Am I missing something?

Is there no better way to clear each box than to put AC producers in there and wait until AC == C?

Yes, there is other way.

Spoiler
Just try to imagine it. If you can't imagine, try to decode it in your map editor.  ;D
[close]