Usefulness of the Forge's Singularity Weapon

Started by steelwing, October 19, 2013, 01:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

What is the 2147 M density per cell?

All I know is that 500 on the UI bar means any more will spill into the void. It has no K or M on it.
C,C,C,C

J

Quote from: 4xC on October 23, 2013, 08:18:30 AM
What is the 2147 M density per cell?

All I know is that 500 on the UI bar means any more will spill into the void. It has no K or M on it.
K and M were used in CW2. The good thing is that in CW2 the creeper flips at 2147M and in CW3 at 2147. (the amount of creeper listed in CW3 is divided by 1000000, which is 1 terrain level)

4xC

Then how can you make the conversion with the Singer at 2147 if 500 is the limit for void blockage?
C,C,C,C

Harkler

Quote from: 4xC on October 23, 2013, 12:11:28 PM
Then how can you make the conversion with the Singer at 2147 if 500 is the limit for void blockage?
The height of the creeper can go above 500. Think of the void as 500 high terrain that you can shoot through.

teknotiss

when i've been mousing over the center of the C in the S the numbers reach 214X and then AC for a moment, then C is climbing again.
i'm not sure, but i think V kept the C flip effect the same as CW2
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

Quote from: MatrixQ on October 19, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

I like to set the singularity slightly off center from an emitter, which will clear most of the creeper on one side of the emitter, so I can put down a nullifier.

Check out the DMD map Blue vs Light Blue 2  for a really good reason to use the singularity!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

4xC

I did just that, Cavemaniac; but it just would not flip no matter what I did. I made the Forge sing several times and the last time was a 60 second cresendo that just did not convert the creeper because the black hole's heart practically stopped absorbing creeper at around 1800 even though the flip is 2147. At which point anymore would give the Forge a sore throat due to lack of upgradesand usefulness of its singer. (I think I will always make singing references everytime I refer to the singularity weapon.)

And someone please explain how it flipped at that density in CW2.
C,C,C,C

teknotiss

Quote from: 4xC on October 25, 2013, 12:05:46 PM

the C and Ac values are held in a range from -2,147,000,000 to 0 to +2,147,000,000
when the range is exceeded in either direction the flip effect happens
at least that's CW2 and appears to me to be true for CW3, but because the play dynamic is top down the effect is differently applied.
for CW3 make a test map, 5 200 strength emitters at 3 frames per emission. place them apart from each other because there could be a clipping effect close to emitters (CW2 also has this, a 100 emitter has a max in it's area of 999k i think)
put a void lined safe zone with a load of aether and power packs, give yourself a forge.
wait til there is a couple of hundred creeper density in the center of the emitters, if you have a lot of aether packs you'll be rocking a 1000+ aether, fire the weapon and wait til it nears 2147 C then "n" frame by frame and you will see AC for a moment in the center of the singularity
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

For a terrifying effect, put the emitters in the void...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Cavemaniac

Quote from: 4xC on October 25, 2013, 12:05:46 PM
I did just that, Cavemaniac; but it just would not flip no matter what I did. I made the Forge sing several times and the last time was a 60 second cresendo that just did not convert the creeper because the black hole's heart practically stopped absorbing creeper at around 1800 even though the flip is 2147. At which point anymore would give the Forge a sore throat due to lack of upgradesand usefulness of its singer. (I think I will always make singing references everytime I refer to the singularity weapon.)

t

Ah.

Sorry dude.

I meant that the singularity could be used to pull back the creeper so you could safely deploy a nullifier.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on October 25, 2013, 02:47:08 PM
For a terrifying effect, put the emitters in the void...

really?
hmm off to try it now.... i'll report back later :)

4xC

I tried that in editor. And nothing extraordinary it seems has happened except that there was no way to kill it.
C,C,C,C

teknotiss

well you need to put some terrain next to the void emitter to see whats happening
here's a couple of pics from a test i ran
on void it's at 190+ C
on the neighbouring terrain it's up over 600+C
so the void emitter is acting as if it's on a high terrain but not on the void itself

Grauniad

Quote from: teknotiss on October 26, 2013, 11:26:22 AM
well you need to put some terrain next to the void emitter to see whats happening
on void it's at 190+ C
so the void emitter is acting as if it's on a high terrain but not on the void itself

Now you know why Virgil downscaled the void from 2,000 to 500. It would cause overflow conditions when it hit terrain...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on October 26, 2013, 11:34:15 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on October 26, 2013, 11:26:22 AM
on void it's at 190+ C

Now you know why Virgil downscaled the void from 2,000 to 500. It would cause overflow conditions when it hit terrain...

quite, that must have been messy ::)