Custom Map #104: The Abyss

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2011, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #104: The Abyss

Author: MadMag

Desc:
A mission deep down in the Abyss. Good Luck :)

MadMag

Sqaz

Loved this map, beautiful custom graphics (as expected from you ;D).
Nice gameplay, hard start with the Creeper from the left and the 12-health drones.

Also neat idea to make different graphics for each custom character.

DethbyIT

Some more of that MadDog Magic working here.
Great looking game, but just a little too difficult for me to figure out (yet).
I'll keep working it as time permits.

Thanks for another great one!
dbit

MadMag

Glad you guys like it.

Hint:

Spoiler
while building reactors at the bottom, rush for the white diamond. After you got the diamond you can destroy the bottom gateway with 2 nullifiers just before the drones spill out.
[close]

DethbyIT

MM - good hint.
I was able to figure that one out - after several starts ended at 1:21!
LOL!
Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to protect past those "12" strength Drones.
Backing the LS under the overhang and building a couple of Blasters doesn't seem to be the right approach.
dbit

MadMag

By 1:30 you should have enough energy to build a pretty good defense.. (pic.1)

When the drones charge you, you will have no problem.. (pic.2)

Sqaz

Quote from: DethbyIT on August 31, 2011, 08:43:05 AM
Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to protect past those "12" strength Drones.
Backing the LS under the overhang and building a couple of Blasters doesn't seem to be the right approach.
dbit

When I did it I nullified the gateway to the left and grabbed that crystal there before 2:30 which gave me enough energy to keep of those drones (with two rows of shields of course).

DethbyIT

Survived!
Thank you for the help.
Now I need to go back in there and give it another go.
Fun stuff.
Thanks MM - great map.
dbit

mopa42

Nice map!
That was a fun puzzle to figure out, getting the start done perfectly. I was able to grab the second white crystal before the drones arrived.
It is sort of hard to tell normal ground from 10-ground, especially when they are outside of your beacon area. But I guess that's the point: the ground would be hard to read.
I was too aggressive at the end and a repulsor pushed creeper up onto the capsule. Fortunately I had just saved.