CW2 Community Map #1

Started by thepenguin, August 17, 2011, 05:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

I thought that we could start off with a blank map and then each person edits it a bit, and posts it and eventually, we have a good map (same as the CW1 community maps)
-feel free to add a quote to the opening text (or artifacts)
-Any one can help
-please make sure to test the map to completion if you have made a change to the terrain, emitters, or overall gameplay. (most people dislike impossible maps)

Starter map supplied below:
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

We need some theme to get started, otherwise it'll be a random clash of fields and terrain with an unmatching background and tile set.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

thepenguin

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 17, 2011, 05:58:30 PM
We need some theme to get started, otherwise it'll be a random clash of fields and terrain with an unmatching background and tile set.

how about lava tubes?

as of now I'm building lava tiles

Fisherck

Quote from: thepenguin on August 17, 2011, 06:10:27 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 17, 2011, 05:58:30 PM

how about lava tubes?

as of now I'm building lava tiles

Cough Cough... (these are available ;))
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

I have an awesome idea! One second... :D

thepenguin

v1.0

Ebon Heart

aye no! I was working on v1... :(

Ebon Heart

Here's an alternate version 1 based on what I was working on... Creeper color will be red with volcanic tiles of course, I didn't add that. I just like the fields... and was thinking about something along the lines of the volcano shooting out fireballs and stuff. Use whichever version. At the very least I'll make a custom map out of this.

thepenguin

v2 of ebon's

graphics v0.5 done

Ebon Heart

ooh yay! The volcano needs work... Also, tinkering with the off delay for the fireballs will control how much creeper they drop per trip.

thepenguin

I'm working on v3

DONE!

Michionlion

I'll help... As soon as I get home from summer camp... Pesky summer camp
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Sammygood

I thought I might as well join in. I made an eruption which happens after 5 seconds first then every 4 seconds. If you want you can change some stuff about it.  :)

Ebon Heart

When I get home, I'm gonna add some fireballs to fling themselves around with the eruptions. And we need to think about building space... :/

knucracker

I don't have anything to add to the map, but I do have a screenshot of v4 that I was just playing with.  It's not a practical thing I did, but I'd never thought much about doing this kind of "deep mining" before.  Because of the intense gravity I realized I needed to get lots of creeper pulled up from the deep.  I suppose if energy permitted I could build stacked sidways repulsors that fed into the mine shaft.  In any case, it makes a nice screen shot.