Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #122: The Bell Tolls

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 320x320

Desc:
Combat... Devolved.

Sorrontis

To beat this map, you'll need to think outside, and maybe inside the box.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

That was brutal! Unlike some maps though it gets easier rather than harder if you get the start right.

Spoiler
You can take a key unit early with a gem boosted ship and you can sneak upon the top left, it is not that well guarded.
[close]

Love your maps, great stuff.

WarFerret

It was pretty cake once I quit trying to hold that bottom right corner from the start. Thanks for an interesting map.

Sorrontis

Quote from: WarFerret on October 07, 2016, 12:54:08 PM
It was pretty cake once I quit trying to hold that bottom right corner from the start. Thanks for an interesting map.

Bottom right is a red herring.

Spoiler

I guarded the top right and bottom left in parallel and used top right base to mount the assault on the top left emitter. Once that's done, it's game over for the map.
[close]

It wasn't meant to be a difficult map, once you get the trick.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Note to others: It looks like it is possible to rush the top-right irritation with repeated HQ warps, and perhaps it is. There are easier and more pleasant ways, however.

Sorrontis: Particles warping into ship bridges through interframe space jumps is unpleasant, but you know that. We have now been made acutely aware.

Good map.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 15, 2016, 03:22:44 AM
Note to others: It looks like it is possible to rush the top-right irritation with repeated HQ warps, and perhaps it is. There are easier and more pleasant ways, however.

Sorrontis: Particles warping into ship bridges through interframe space jumps is unpleasant, but you know that. We have now been made acutely aware.

Good map.

Note to others: Make two camps. Take you battle lathe to the bottom left. Take your left barge to the top right, grabbing what you can on the way (dodging the cannon). Warp in your HQ by the top right island at the beginning.

Note to myself: No more particle interframe space jumps. This map & friction coefficient are the last two maps I'll make with that property.

Johnny Haywire

Wow, this was a really cool map! Nothing too difficult (which is kinda weird for a Sorrontis map!) but still a decent challenge with a good bit of variety.

So many ways to approach this map, I suppose. I just went for the flip emitter on the right with the HQ (gemmed).

I actually can't remember any surprises on this one... ?  No real need to save this one!  8)

Thanks for a great map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?