Creeper World 3

Started by Ebon Heart, March 30, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cecel123

i just can't wait to play it in general. I LOVE THESE GAMES!!!
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

iycgtptyarvg

I just saw the 'Creeper World Game 3 Alpha Footage' video. Good grief, I LOVE it!!! I always liked CW1 better than CW2, and I am very happy to see CW3 is going to be more like CW1. The graphics quality, the zooming option, and (hopefully) improved performance.

I'll check whether I can pre-order it now.

lurkily

Quote from: J on August 06, 2012, 05:04:20 AM
As far as I know there won't be any kill-all weapons (like the thor in CW1) in CW3 or a weapon that instantly kills all creeper on a part of the map. There will be some titan weapons (like the bertha) that do huge damage (limited) but also at a huge cost.
Well, it's early to say.  The game has already undergone some revolutions in the single month that alpha videos have been released. (guppies being the most visible example.)  I can say that there are likely to be plenty of people who agree with this thought - I also don't like "I win" buttons.

iycgtptyarvg

I couldn't find any pre-order info. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Nemoricus

There is no preorder at the moment....

knucracker

I don't in general like to take people's money till the game is ready (or certainly very, very, very close).  I might change my mind in the future given the way people raise money on kickstarter.  But for game three the plan is to get it ready, then release it.  Just hang in there for a few more months...

Mr.H

I'd be so happy if map-makers could make their own custom campaigns that seep into each other(i.e. you open the first map and it chronologicaly goes through them, perhaps even your own galaxy map like in CW1's campaign)
Can't wait :D
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

hoodwink

Quote from: virgilw on August 11, 2012, 09:58:47 AM
I don't in general like to take people's money till the game is ready (or certainly very, very, very close).  I might change my mind in the future given the way people raise money on kickstarter.  But for game three the plan is to get it ready, then release it.  Just hang in there for a few more months...
From seeing the alpha videos, i'm pretty much prepared to preorder the game right now. Just tell us when you're happy to 'take our money' for it.
I see why you don't want to do it just yet though, as the game's not even finished yet. :)
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Mr.H

Quote from: hoodwink on August 13, 2012, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: virgilw on August 11, 2012, 09:58:47 AM
From seeing the alpha videos, i'm pretty much prepared to preorder the game right now. Just tell us when you're happy to 'take our money' for it.
I see why you don't want to do it just yet though, as the game's not even finished yet. :)

To quote Virgil "I'm looking forward to sharing it with the world as well... It's getting pretty fun to play already." So I'd be more then glad to pay for the alpha version alone :P
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

iycgtptyarvg

My progression with CreeperWorld:
1. Played CW 1 as a flash game.
2. Pirated CW 1.
3. Bought CW1 and CW2 when CW2 came out.
4. Want to pre-order CW3.

From pirate to fan in 4 easy steps  ;D

Grauniad

Quote from: koker93 on August 05, 2012, 09:44:32 PM
Also a series of maps at the end of the story line that are harder to pass than level19 and 20 in CW2.  Those levels were great fun, but not really hard to pass.

You should not really expect super-hard levels in the game itself. It is too frustrating for most game players. Look to custom maps to provide you and other hard-core players with the needed challenges.  The in-game levels are meant to be completable and winnable by the majority of purchasers.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

hoodwink

Quote from: Grauniad on August 21, 2012, 09:27:34 AM
Quote from: koker93 on August 05, 2012, 09:44:32 PM
Also a series of maps at the end of the story line that are harder to pass than level19 and 20 in CW2.  Those levels were great fun, but not really hard to pass.

You should not really expect super-hard levels in the game itself. It is too frustrating for most game players. Look to custom maps to provide you and other hard-core players with the needed challenges.  The in-game levels are meant to be completable and winnable by the majority of purchasers.

That's the point, that if the end levels are only beatable to the 'hardcore' players, then all the rest (which is the vast majority) will just fail a few times and get bored of the game. This is getting bored of the game before they do the custom maps or the 'code' missions, which means they don't really play it as much as they easily could.
I'm assuming most people try and play though the main storyline before all the other features, of course.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

TrickyDragon

always play the story first......  its the interesting because of the story xD 
This is Life,  Life happens.

bobthebike

I still plan to tell a story, but it won't be a linear set of missions or levels.  As such, there won't really be a final boss.  That said, the enemies you encounter will get more and more intense as your journey progresses.

Thank goodness for that. my pet hate is being sat there for "hours" just wearing something down that is beaten.

Great games, can't realy split them, but on experience alone much prefer the chronum maps over the code maps

Thanks

BoB

Kinam

I must say, I'm like iycgtptyarvg ... almost to a T actually...
Was kind of bored today (partly because my system's not exactly in it's best condition right now and can't play high-graphic games), and popped in CW1 ... wiped the save and started fresh from nothing. Had an absolute blast, and just reminded me how much I enjoyed that one.

I wasn't a huge fan of CW2 though, what with the different gravity fields that weren't initially visible. Also, the thought that you had to have a surface to place a structure on, didn't float well with me for some reason...oh well. I DID however, LOVE the anti-creeper strategies and the nullifiers that you had to use to pass the maps and thus secure that area

Thus, the mixture of CW1 and 2 ... into the 3rd version... OMG it's awe inspiring ... wish I could get in on the beta (I keep getting in betas everywhere LOL) but will do with waiting if it's only a couple more months. From what I'm seeing thus far in the blog and stuff, I'd love to pay into it already, even if it doesn't come (but I know you're doing your best to bring it)

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to for the end of the year :)