Creeper World 3

Started by Ebon Heart, March 30, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Those are Bertha cannon explosions, aren't they?
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Nemoricus

Nope, that's a picture of emitters being nullified.

Also, I mispoke. What I'd like to see is a picture of the nullifier unit some time.

lich98

Still looks great! Im intrested in the creeper pipeline which we haven't heard much about.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Kingo

If Creeper does become human controlled, here's an idea to make it simple:

Have the creeper work as the human network works (i.e. Odin City are the emmitters, collectors are space covered by Creeper) and you can only lay down collector-like structures, temporary gravity generators, and pushes the Creeper in that direction.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Kingo on June 05, 2012, 06:28:34 PM

Have the creeper work as the human network works (i.e. Odin City are the emmitters, collectors are space covered by Creeper) and you can only lay down collector-like structures, temporary gravity generators, and pushes the Creeper in that direction.
We've been able to control creeper ever since creeper world 2. It would be hard to change how it works now...

Kingo

Quote from: 2b3o4o on June 05, 2012, 08:36:51 PM

We've been able to control creeper ever since creeper world 2. It would be hard to change how it works now...

I meant that a player could be the enemy creeper, and in this way could decide how and where the Creeper goes.

2b3o4o

If the creeper is so similar to the humans in terms of play-style, there isn't really any point.

tornado

oi

i liked the firs boss fight and i haven't seen the second
but your rightish
i mean ive still got a phobia of black holes

tornado
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

lurkily

Quote from: Kingo on June 06, 2012, 06:15:27 PM
Quote from: 2b3o4o on June 05, 2012, 08:36:51 PM

I meant that a player could be the enemy creeper, and in this way could decide how and where the Creeper goes.
Creeper goes to the point that is both lowest and least dense.  Beyond that, it passively responds to fields.

Being able to 'play' the creeper side would require new mechanics for how creeper works, since it's generally acted as a passive force of nature in the past, such as a flood.

Lioncourt

I would like to see an emitter stealer, like you have to get real close, build something right beside it, and it will cap it off and convert creeper into anti-creeper.
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

lich98

Quote from: Lioncourt on June 29, 2012, 01:13:49 PM
I would like to see an emitter stealer, like you have to get real close, build something right beside it, and it will cap it off and convert creeper into anti-creeper.

hmm intresting idea...
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

creeper killer

huh, took a look at the screenshots

looks like it's going to be mainly CW 1's gameplay.
I never really got the hang of bridging :(

I wonder how much it's going to cost.........
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

MadMag

@Creeper Killer

I`ve tested CW3 a little and I can assure you that you will not need so much talent at bridging :)
The cost is going to be affordable. It is not gonna cost like COD or BF.

koker93

I'd like to repeat whats been said a few times before - please no kill all weapon.  Maps with the Dark Beam are usually among my least favorite.  Especially when you have to use the beam to nullify an emitter.  It just adds time to a map that is basically unloseable once the DB is built. 

Also a series of maps at the end of the story line that are harder to pass than level19 and 20 in CW2.  Those levels were great fun, but not really hard to pass.

J

As far as I know there won't be any kill-all weapons (like the thor in CW1) in CW3 or a weapon that instantly kills all creeper on a big part of the map. There will be some titan weapons (like the bertha) that do huge damage but also at a huge cost.