Main Menu

Teleport Bug

Started by SpiredFate, December 31, 2016, 01:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiredFate

It is possible to teleport any ship across any amount of space by clicking to move the ship and than shift clicking while the destination is over top of another ship, which causes the initial ship to instantly teleport, overlaying the ship at the destination. I'm on steam version v1.0.2 although I suspect this would work for both steam and standalone.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

yum-forum

I confirm this behavior. Many times spontaneously I saw the same bug.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

knucracker

I think this is only when you are in the editor.  The editor intentionally allows you to move ships around so you can place them in your mission.  You can also just click and then drag ships around in the editor so I suspect the shift click thing might be an artifact of that functionality.

If you can reproduce this behavior when not in the editor, I definitely want to know (I just tried, but wasn't able to in my limited attempts).

Sorrontis

I have seen this in the editor (sometimes useful, sometimes annoying because it's not a direct teleport but a straight line rapid movement, if there's enemy strucs in the way, the ship can be damaged). Never seen in standard game though.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Nicant

yeah, its not a bug. (unless it happens when you are not editing a map) In the map editor, you can click and drag a player ship and move it wherever you want.
CW4 hype!!