Game Breaking Graphics bug

Started by Ovalcircle, October 22, 2016, 10:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ovalcircle

I'm on Windows. I downloaded the new patch and for some reason the ship graphics flicker when they shoot and when the ship is moving.  Emitters also do not show up. An Emitter should be where the HQ is lathing. Restarting the mission fixed it for a few seconds before everything started flickering again. I have only tried one map from the exchange.  I have not changed any settings for anything since the patch. I have also not changed any settings to try to get rid of this bug. Screenshots, Output log, and Game Save attached. Also, the blue shape around pickups also disappears, leaving just the white shape. I literally can't play as I can't see where the emitters are and when there is 6,000 particles on the map, it's like trying to find an invisible needle in a haystack.
In the Glitch 3 picture, there should be an emitter inside the box.
Edit: This issue is affecting every map. Amp Gem Factories and the things you make energy pods on also flicker out of existence.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

knucracker

That's a strange one for sure....
Try some of the base line things like a full system reboot and disabling the steam overlay.  Probably won't matter, but never hurts to start from a scratch to make sure we aren't chasing a ghost.

When did you first try the beta?  Was it in the last 12 hours or so with version 1.0.2b2?  Or did you try 1.0.2b1 before that?  If you did try 1.0.2b1 was everything ok with it?

knucracker

Ok, I can sort of reproduce it by resizing the game window when I play.  That seems to make some things disappear.  Try starting the game, going to the graphics menu, and picking some standard resolution like 1024x768.  Apply that, then exit the game.  Start it back up and see if the problem has gone away...

Ovalcircle

Changing it to 1024x768 in full screen solved it.
Edit: Just putting it into full screen solves it.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

knucracker

Yeah, I don't know what is causing that.  It only happen in Unity 5.4.  It doesn't happen in the development environment, only in the actual standalone build.  I'm just reverting to unity 5.3.6.  Unity 5.4 also has a bunch of fuzzy text problems I've been fixing one at a time, now this odd thing.

Of course reverting to 5.3.6 isn't that simple.  The upgrade to 5.4 changed some things and broke some material references... and I've made additions to the game after the upgrade to 5.4, so I can't just revert to the last 5.3.6 build.  But I think I have most of the issues ironed out and will publish an updated 1.0.2b3 tonight that has all of the additions and fixes I have made to date and is built with Unity 5.3.6.