First!!!:)

Started by speedkore, October 04, 2013, 06:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedkore

HI, apologies for this title:/

I didnt understand this system, but now i can say... It s fantastic :)
Genious idea, with that we ll never are out of map like cw1

Juste one question can we do a shematic plan of à map like a blueprint style and use dmd to make it alive?

It s very powerful tools but it s 100% random, if we want à basic skelleton of a map, how can we do?

Sorry for my explain of my question i cant do better:/

Cavemaniac

Quote from: speedkore on October 04, 2013, 06:58:47 PM

Juste one question can we do a shematic plan of à map like a blueprint style and use dmd to make it alive?

It s very powerful tools but it s 100% random, if we want à basic skelleton of a map, how can we do?

Use the 'Projects' map editor to create anything you want - you start off with a blank map.

Ohterwise:

The DMD is great for getting a helping hand when you feel 'blocked' - I'm not much good at creating maps from scratch, but I think I do well taking a DMD map and tweaking it a bit so it's how I like it.

Just keep hitting the 'I Feel Crazy' button in the DMD until you see a map you like the look of, play it a bit to see how it looks, use the DMD to change the units, resources, enemies, landscape etc to better suit you and play again.

You may well find 'impossible' maps - but that's part of the challenge.

Play your map to completion and you get to name it and share it with the whole community.

Have fun, good luck!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

You can export a map generated by the DMD into a project for editing and fine-tuning in the map editor.

Other than the DMD adjustments, you cannot import a map or make any other changes to it.

You can start with a bare map in the map editor.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

speedkore

thanks, whene i'll finish the game i'll try, thanks a lot :)