Problems since latest upgrade of Adobe AIR

Started by Timwi, June 12, 2010, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timwi

Adobe AIR prompted me to upgrade today, so I did, but now CreeperWorld is almost unplayable: almost all mouse clicks (e.g. select a unit) and keypresses (e.g. pause) are delayed, often by more than a second, which is very significant in many game situations.

Is there a known fix for this?

Echo51

I'd just delete AIR, and install it again without updating ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Karsten75

What level of AIR did you update to?

And, a stupid question, but one that is often overlooked. Did you reboot to see if the problem persists?

If you look in Task manager, can you see anything using excessive CPU?

SPIFFEN

I havent upgraded my AIR for an long time .
So i might get prompted soon also , maybe i have some auto thing =P
But until then or something , i havent noticed any change of the gameplay .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

I just got the prompt for the update, but I refused after reading this topic.

Edit: it concerns an update from version 1.5.3.9130 to version 2.0.2.12610
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Timwi

Thanks for the version number, that allowed me to google for the old version and install it. Lo and behold, the problem disappeared. It must be a bug in the new version of AIR then.

UpperKEES

Maybe also nice to know that Adobe AIR comes with the Creeper World download, so reinstalling the game (after removing AIR from the Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel) will also reinstall the previous version of AIR.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

NineNine

I ran into the same problem today after upgrading Adobe Air, as well.  I play all of the time, and this was the first time I've ever seen this before.  It's ugly.  Definitely don't install this Adobe Air update!

Blaze

J

SPIFFEN

I just got asked to update , but i selected update later .
Strange that i got asked so much later than the rest of you =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

I also only got update notifications starting today, don't worry, they're not neglecting you. At least this way we have fewer days we have to decline the update. :)

Neilos

Aha, I'm not the only one with this problem then.

Shall shift back to the old version.

Toaster

I am also seeing degraded gameplay since the AIR upgrade. It seems like about halfway through a map, the mouse clicks are delayed. I am going to try the game reload suggested by UpperKEES. will do tomorrow already late for work.

knucracker

I've not noticed any performance degradation.... but I am running on windows 7 64bit.  I assume most others are running vista or 7 and 32bit?

I think the graphical acceleration is not enabled on 64bit os's, so I wonder if this could have something to do with it.
I'll also check on a 32bit machine with the latest air and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Lastly, anyone who has the latest flash installed (10.1) can try the training sim at http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/web/play.php 

If there is a performance drop with this, then it indicates a flash 10.1 problem.  It there isn't, then it must be something crazy with AIR.