virgilw: What, if any, are the default creeper emitter values on Chronom maps?

Started by Peter1x9, April 05, 2012, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter1x9

I've made a few custom maps and played around with the various emitter values several times, never being completely happy with them.  However, I find that the values in the Chronom maps are pretty good-neither too low or too high.

Does the Chronom generator use the same values?  If so, what are they?
Start time is pretty standard, so I'm looking for the interval and intensity values that you use.

Ebon Heart

I don't believe code maps have a standard value. However, it's important to note that rather than adding creeper, an emitter simply replaced the space above it with that much creeper. So creeper can be held back by the strength of the emitter. IE: An emitter strength 1 can only ever generate 1 level of creeper, and will never be able to flow over any terrain higher than the emitter. If you need some ideas, look at some well balanced custom maps, and see what the strengths for their emitters are. Keep in mind, the emitter you need varies drastically from level to level. I've made maps with emitter strength 2 or even lower where it was difficult to survive. The expert round (if you play it right) is difficult to survive on, even though those emitters are only .6. Then there's perfectly beatable maps with 1000 strength emitters that fire every so often. one of mthw2vc's maps even has a 1000 strength emitter that fires frequently.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!