Custom Map #2179: Most Annoying Map on CW2

Started by AutoPost, April 20, 2013, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

Kithros

I could make more annoying maps than this if I intended to.

Angel

Yes, I could too. But it says "on CW2" meaning currently. Any map after doesn't count. :) Have fun restarting 500000000000 times :D
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Bongo

It was very annoying but the Drone only caught me once.

I was wondering if anybody knows the inner workings of the Drone AI. Specifically how (and when) a Drone picks it's target. Is there some way to 'trick' the drone into an enclosed section via a Microrift?

Kithros

Quote from: Bongo on April 22, 2013, 01:37:44 PM

I was wondering if anybody knows the inner workings of the Drone AI. Specifically how (and when) a Drone picks it's target. Is there some way to 'trick' the drone into an enclosed section via a Microrift?

When the drone has no target and is finished moving for whatever reason at a point in time it will pick a pseudorandom unit *that it can reach without microrifts*, and then move towards that buildings position. When the drone stops moving it will start moving towards that buildings new position and repeat this until either the drone or the targetted unit is dead. Interestingly, if that unit moves through a microrift to an area that can't be reached without a microrift - the drone will chase that unit through the microrift, even though it would not have targetted that unit if it had been on the other side of the microrift in the first place. If a drone has no buildings that it can target it will pick a pseudorandom cell to move towards that it can reach without microrifts.

As far as the drones pathing goes, it will include using microrifts (but it still doesn't use microrifts for determining which targets are available). I believe drones consider pathing through anti-creeper as being 3x as long as pathing elsewhere - ie. a drone will only go through anti-creeper if it takes less than 1/3 of the distance as it would to path around the anti-creeper (similarly to how buildings path around creeper).

Angel

Kirthros is right. When I first made the map, i had 3 techs next to each of the 4 emitters. And the drone opened at 5:00. But sense you got to build units and buildings first, it targeted them instead of the LS. So I moved the techs, and opened the drone quicker. :) (it got me over 100 times....)
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

dbox

Is there some way to 'trick' the drone into an enclosed section via a Microrift?

I managed to do that, but it didn't stick. I built several rifts in the main area and the drone would use them for shortcuts to the LS. Once after the drone committed to a rift, I disconnected all the other rifts in the main area. It went through the rift and came out another one not in the LS area. However, it then made a bee-line back to the rift is exited through, passing right through (infinite) walls.

Couldn't make it happen again -- must have been perfect timing.

PMouser

this map is imposible, i was told not to move but the room got filled with creeper, and i have no weapons, there is no way to win,.
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Kithros

Quote from: PMouser on April 25, 2013, 04:22:32 PM
this map is imposible, i was told not to move but the room got filled with creeper, and i have no weapons, there is no way to win,.

If the LS isn't moved at all a burst of anti-creeper saves the LS just before it's destroyed from a stacked anti-creeper emitter under the LS.

Angel

If the LS isn't moved at all a burst of anti-creeper saves the LS just before it's destroyed from a stacked anti-creeper emitter under the LS.

There is 1 maxed out AC emitter and 2 maxed out C emitters that activate at 5:00 i think. You have to destroy them before they activate.
1. Patience.