i wonder if someone can help?

Started by teknotiss, November 30, 2018, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

back when PF was being deveoped V had put in some stationary enemy buildings/ships.  they had rotation ability, some weapons and sometimes strings of particles from the tips.  i think there were 2/3 types.

i have seen them in a few of the exchange maps, but i can't work out where they are in the editor, if they indeed they are still in the editor!

can someone point me in the right direction?  i really liked those and would like to have some in some maps i am working out.

cheers dudes 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

FOXX

I wasn't here in the PF development stage so not sure about the 2/3 types.
But if you want rotating ships in the editor select the shipspawner and it's this option.

[close]

Greets,
FOXX

ps -> Nice that you are working on some PF maps. Maybe this can come in handy (its how i make maps but has also info on settings)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Dark Ambition

Rotate ability is in the editor, as FOXX said.

As for the ships in the pre-release videos, I re-created them alongside the ships in the development notebook, with my own re-imagining of GalCorp series vessels.

I don't remember if I uploaded them to the exchange, but for ease of access i'll attach them to this post. (The pre-release and devbook ships)

teknotiss

Quote from: FOXX on November 30, 2018, 02:07:42 PM
I wasn't here in the PF development stage so not sure about the 2/3 types.
But if you want rotating ships in the editor select the shipspawner and it's this option.

[close]

Greets,
FOXX

ps -> Nice that you are working on some PF maps. Maybe this can come in handy (its how i make maps but has also info on settings)

cheers dude  that's a useful looking link!  hopefuly i will have something fun to play for people soon!   8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

Quote from: Dark Ambition on December 01, 2018, 12:40:18 AM

As for the ships in the pre-release videos, I re-created them alongside the ships in the development notebook, with my own re-imagining of GalCorp series vessels.

I don't remember if I uploaded them to the exchange, but for ease of access i'll attach them to this post. (The pre-release and devbook ships)

i will DL those and have a bash at getting them into a map... may be back soon asking for help!  ;D 8)

teknotiss

Quote from: teknotiss on December 01, 2018, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: Dark Ambition on December 01, 2018, 12:40:18 AM

i will DL those and have a bash at getting them into a map... may be back soon asking for help!  ;D 8)

forgot to ask, which folder do i put them in to use them in maps, but not as player ships? 

or is there a import function somewhere?   :o

Dark Ambition

Quote from: teknotiss on December 01, 2018, 10:21:58 AM
forgot to ask, which folder do i put them in to use them in maps, but not as player ships? 

In the 'Ship Spawner' structure, you can change what ship it spawns outside of the default ships by clicking on 'Type' then scrolling until you see 'Custom', and from there you browse through default ships, custom ships, or exchange ships. (The ships you downloaded would be in Custom)

FOXX

Quote from: teknotiss on December 01, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

cheers dude  that's a useful looking link!  hopefuly i will have something fun to play for people soon!   8)

Thumbs up, i'll be cheering in the background. Will help where i can.

The Shipfiles (DAT files) go into this folder -> C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\ships

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

teknotiss

Quote from: FOXX on December 01, 2018, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on December 01, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

Thumbs up, i'll be cheering in the background. Will help where i can.

The Shipfiles (DAT files) go into this folder -> C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\ships

Greets
FOXX

Quote from: Dark Ambition on December 01, 2018, 01:30:29 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on December 01, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

In the 'Ship Spawner' structure, you can change what ship it spawns outside of the default ships by clicking on 'Type' then scrolling until you see 'Custom', and from there you browse through default ships, custom ships, or exchange ships. (The ships you downloaded would be in Custom)

thanks dudes!  8)