Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1183: Conversensation 2

Author: Mhunsche

Desc:

teknotiss

fun map dude.  ;D
the ac to c switching nearly got me a couple of times  :o
and i had to retry at least half a dozen times too.
my advice would be to go for packet speed tech early on.
nice work dude
make some more maps!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mhunsche

Haha thanks!

I will sure make more when I get some more ideas.

viper00900

Beat it on my first try.  AC - C conversion I used to my advantage.  Great map, and good ideas come from other peoples maps, check out some of my maps :D (<------Self plug goes here)
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

grega

Doesn't make sense. Creeper spontaneously appearing everywhere, creeper turning to anticreeper and back again seemingly at random. Everyone else likes it, though, I guess they see something I don't.

teknotiss

hey dude, welcome to KC forums!  :D
this map is a favourite of mine because of the AC to C switching forces you to keep an eye on already cleared areas
btw it's not random it happens when the amount of creeper or anti creeper goes past 2147M in a cell, it will then switch to the other state, so in this map you need to vacuum up the AC and "park it elsewhere" or prevent the fields from compressing it by shielding the areas it's being forced to.
hope that helps a bit.
take it easy dude  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

bweenie

Quote from: teknotiss on June 13, 2012, 11:28:05 AM

btw it's not random it happens when the amount of creeper or anti creeper goes past 2147M in a cell, it will then switch to the other state,

How do you know that?

teknotiss

i think virgil (the game creator) put it in a post somewhere.  ;)
i picked it up on the forums and tested it in the editor.  ;D
it can be used for fun effects (i used it in my "creeper collider" and my "super-creeper-collider" maps) to help or hurt the player.
it comes from the games number values having a maximum limit of 2147M (+ or -) and once it goes over that limit (either way) then the calculation "inverts" the creeper/anti-creeper to the other state. hope that helps