How do I view the tracelog?

once
    ShowTraceLog
    ClearTraceLog
    5 0 do
       I Trace
    loop
endonce

I don't see the tracelog anywhere on my screen. I'm assuming it should appear in-game, yes?

Builder17

Endif

I have, yes. Specifically the part labelled "Using the tracelog and further introduction of a stack language", but it doesn't say where to actually view the tracelog or how to access it in-game. I might just be seriously over-looking something or being a complete dummy, but I'm not seeing anything.

Tracelog works when you play "In-Game" on the map editor, right?

Builder17

Quote from: Endif on August 10, 2019, 04:00:32 AM
I have, yes. Specifically the part labelled "Using the tracelog and further introduction of a stack language", but it doesn't say where to actually view the tracelog or how to access it in-game. I might just be seriously over-looking something or being a complete dummy, but I'm not seeing anything.

Tracelog works when you play "In-Game" on the map editor, right?

After placing CRPLCore and putting script to it, you have to unpause game to make trace log visible, please try it? :)

Endif

Yes. I have already a fully working CRPL script that I have been working on for some time now. There is one aspect of it I decided to use the TraceLog to help me keep track of certain information while developing the map.

once
9000 delay
9000 SetTimer0
        ShowTraceLog
        ClearTraceLog
        5 0 do
           I Trace
        loop
endonce

Is a snippet of the first 9 lines in the script...... And as I typed that sentence I realized the problem.... The tracelog won't appear until after 9000 frames. *cough* Excuse me while I show myself out.

Thanks. :)

Sorrontis

That 9000 delay is probably the problem, (5 minutes) in a once-endonce block..
I know delay and once-endonce sometimes do things "differently"

# f.crpl
# Created on: 8/10/2019 9:35:42 AM
# ------------------------------------------

once
showtracelog
endonce

cleartracelog
getgametimeframes trace
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Builder17

Quote from: Endif on August 10, 2019, 06:07:28 AM
Yes. I have already a fully working CRPL script that I have been working on for some time now. There is one aspect of it I decided to use the TraceLog to help me keep track of certain information while developing the map.

Good to hear that you solved this problem, please don't hesitate to ask if you are unsure about something. :) :)