A "defense" and a "expand" idea

Started by J, April 04, 2010, 12:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

I have 2 handy idea's.

1. Mine factory
Cost 50-100 energy packeds and create a tool you can build mines that cost 1-5 energy packeds. Very handy when you lose ground.

2. A second city
Cost 50-200 energy packeds and can generate energy packeds. Half energy from collectors and reactors, its does not matter if the city is connected to Odin City. OC does not lose any energy productions if its connected (even don't lose half). The second city can move.

Sqaz

Quote from: jmaps on April 04, 2010, 12:12:21 PM
I have 2 handy idea's.

1. Mine factory
Cost 50-100 energy packeds and create a tool you can build mines that cost 1-5 energy packeds. Very handy when you lose ground.

2. A second city
Cost 50-200 energy packeds and can generate energy packeds. Half energy from collectors and reactors, its does not matter if the city is connected to Odin City. OC does not lose any energy productions if its connected (even don't lose half). The second city can move.

Why would you want to build a mine factory? You'de only need mines in the beginning of the game (because they're cheaper than other weapons), cause otherwise blasters are better (you don't lose them) but if you've got the resources to build a mine factory you could aswell build a drone which is better than the possibility to build mines.

And the maps are to small to allow a second city, you just don't need it now.

J

The second city allows to create more packets at time and to start on a other piece of the map.
Whith the mine factory you can even build mines by the second city if the creeper flow into it.

EDIT: mine shooter
Shoots created mines into the creeper. 5-10 packets/shot

Spartan

Sounds like a suped up mortar to me. . .

I would love to see a second city but we need to wait for expanded map size first.
"I wonder why we think faster than we can speak." (Calvin)
"Probably so we can think twice." (Hobbes)

J

The mine shooter requiers a mine factory and shoot into a single point on the map (not so accurate) until you change the point.

EDIT: build panels
Make the build panels smaller by only show the picture. This give so much space to show energie stats of the second city and more buildings.

Capn Trey

I think mine factory is interesting if complicated.

I think it should be much cheeper to build, like 20. Then it charges up and a mine is ready to be placed (Similiar to drone interface.)

My twist is it can only be placed on areas you already control.  So its cost effective but ultimately a defensive weapon.

J

Yes, mine factory must cheaper, 20-35 packets, like 25.
Mine shooters must be VERY expensive, like 50-100 packets (mine shooters are very powerful). Shots must be 10-20 packets

djcian

I recall similar suggestions that involved having two separate economies (two cities that are separated) and Virgil's response was that it would be way to hard to code into the game the possibility of two separate economies (though for the life of me i cant find his post)

grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

J

Mayby Virgil can duplicate OC and change some settings.

redflame

what about this: make a new kind of building the emits lets say 30% of your total economy. (and odin city doesnt lose its orginal economy
                       so that it still has 100% economy and the new building has 30% of what odin city has.

its an upgrade that you get from an upgrade pod. you can also build it annywhere on the map.

if you build collectors or reactors to it then it will ad that boost tho the orginal 30% it had from odin city.
                       it cant emit totem packets.
Dont trust who you cant trust.
Kick em when their down

J

If you move to new ground its can't connect to OC and even not to the buildings around. So I like 50%. But Its connected to OC 50% is very much. Then even like 30%. Mayby the best is 40%.

dialga9182

Quote from: jmaps on April 05, 2010, 05:06:13 AM
The second city allows to create more packets at time and to start on a other piece of the map.
Whith the mine factory you can even build mines by the second city if the creeper flow into it.

EDIT: mine shooter
Shoots created mines into the creeper. 5-10 packets/shot
but thats more like a long range mortar

J

Yes, there are many ways to use the mine shooter and thats one of that thing. You can use it to shoot on dry land and to defend that second city.

ThePhantom

here's my two cents

I think the mine factory would be clever in case you run into trouble and are pushed back so you can plant mines on spots inside of your energy collection area, but the mine factory stores energy packets (2 or 3 packets for 1 mine packet) and you chose the build spot then it builds the mine (3-5 mine packets) the mine shooter would have to be more expensive and take the ammo of a mortar and the shots of a SAM (so it costs a good amount to fill up buy can only fire twice in a full load)

the second OC could be more of a smaller scale and cost maybe 200 packets to build and it can't create more energy collection but there is a silent link between it and OC allowing the second OC to shoot out packets up to a certain number of depletion (oh say OC maxes at 32 this one maxes at 10)
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

J

Mayby It's the best that the mine factory can store 9 ammo packets and if you build a mine 1 mine packet (cost 3 ammo) go to the mine. The mine packet come from the mine factory. Why you call that second city second ODIN City?